Thread: Help..change in behaviour

Help..change in behaviour

All of a sudden my dog has started to play up in the house, even as a pup she has been good at going outside for toilet and she has never chewed any furniture or part of the house, now all of a sudden she has been going toilet in the house and chewed on the window sill, I dont know why she has suddenly changed.

She seemed to be doing so much better, she wasnt following me as much, and was alot calmer and not into everything in the house, and i thought she was starting to realise I was the alpha, she was even better off lead......so why wud she suddenly start doing these things?

Please help!

How old is your dog?
    Has &/or are you taking him to obedience classes?
    Has anything at all changed in his/your life?

It sounds like it is most likely one of two things. The dog is going through the rebelious teenager stage &/or seperation anxiety.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

She is 10 months old.

She is doing this while I am in the house, i dont leave her because she does have separation anxiety, nothing has changed.

It sounds to me like your dog is bored. More mental stimulation (obedience classes are wonderful for this) and more physical stimulation should help.

As dogs mature they need more stimulation in both areas until they settle into their adulthood. Depending on the breed, it can take as long as 3 or 4 years (or more) before they require less stimulation. If you don't provide it for the dog then the dog will more than likely find it for itself. Their way usually results in destruction.

Proper crate training for the toilet issue should correct that.

If she is doing this when you are right in the house with her it is a combination of being bored & improperly trained. I'm leaning boredom plays a bigger role but it sounds as if you & her could both use a training refresher course.

I'd get her out for walks, jogs, play fetch etc... more often and get her enrolled into a reputable obedience class.

Proper crate training should help with the housebreaking and your obedience instructor can help with that too.

Good luck with her.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I would agree with boredom. Maybe you could try some toys in the house, fetch, etc.

Some obediance classes would probably help too!

Good luck!-Steph and Jes

What breed? Some breeds needs lots of exercise to keep them happy. We have a schnauzer who could chill all day...we also have a lab who requires more exercise.
    How old is your dog?