Thread: Court case today

Court case today

Last year, there was a fight between two girls at hubby's school. He and another teacher stepped in to break up the fight. Both teachers got hit in the process. The most appalling aspect of the whole fight was that the mother of one of those girls was standing on the side URGING HER DAUGHTER to fight!

The school dealt with the daughter by suspending her and now they are prosecuting mom for a slew of complaints. Hubby is going to court today to testify against the mom and hopefully she'll learn a lesson that she can't encourage fighting. I hate to hope mom does jail time, but maybe the daughter will see that actions have repercussions and never fight again.

I'll let you know what happens when he returns.

How sad! It's one thing to encourage your child to stand up for themselves, and quite another to stand on the sidelines and encourage the fight!

I too hope the mom is punished so that hopefully she and her daughter will learn a lesson.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Frightening isn't it? She would probably be turned down for adopting one of our four legged friends.......
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

That is really sad. Why would you want to encourage that??

Well, he's baaackkk. They only gave her probabtion for aggravated assult. Or something like that. I'm so bad with the terminology! At least they didn't drop the charges.

At least she got probation...a small punishment but a punishment still. Now, the police will be keeping an eye on her...and hopefully her kid too. I don't know what the laws and such are where you are, but if a person gets any type of assult charges on the record here they are watched very closely and another assult conviction (or any conviction really) means that they go to jail for quite a long time.

The downer (here at least) is that it is very hard to get a conviction of assult.

the mother of one of those girls was standing on the side URGING HER DAUGHTER to fight!
    Sounds like a candidate for Mother of the Year...NOT!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

When I was in school, I wouldn't DARE to talk back or do anything wrong. One call from a teacher and my folks were THERE! We were taught respect. What a hard job teachers have today. No wonder kids don't learn. The teachers are too busy breaking up flights, being disciplinarians etc. I blame the parents, obviously. Good manners begin at home. Obviously, not in this case. Talk about role models..jeesh.

I've been Boooo'd!