Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trixie!!

Trixie you are a special little girl and ever so cute. I hope you have had a great day and maybe some new clothes too. Girls love their clothes. Congrats on DOTD!
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Trixie is treasure not trash

Hi, Trixie...I am a cat person and normally don't look at the dog pages much. But I could not resist your cute picture today, and I was very touched by your story. My cat Julie was a "throwaway," too, and she has turned out to be the greatest treasure I have ever found. I praise God for her every day. Some people forget that pretty, affectionate little creatures like you and my Julie are not toys or decorations, but living, feeling beings. You are gifts from the Lord, and He expects us to treat you with the utmost love and respect. Those who do otherwise will answer to the Creator of us all.

Take care, little Trixie, and hang in there with the health issues.

Blessings, love and purrs to you and your humans
    from MARTHA and Julie ("Miaow!")
    The California Calico Princess
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

May you be forever blessed, Trixie'sMom for rescuing your sweet, adorable little girl, and for taking the time and devotion to care for her and wisdom to find the root of her problems and do something about it! That was for you..now, to darling Trixie....if your mommy doesn't already know, surprise her one day and show her some formidable Tibbie jumping techniques cause my friend said her tibbie was great at that! I'm sending you gentle huggies too, precious Trixie. You write beautifully and I really enjoyed your story. May you have health and happiness, fun and oodles of hugs and kisses forever! You deserve it!

I've been Boooo'd!

Thank you so much for your kind words.. I have shown her pictures to the Tibbie breeders in Canada and none of them recognize her or say 'Oh yes, I remember her...' So I've come to the conclusion that since she has no apparent parentage, she is an Angel that fell out of the sky and plopped into my lap..

It has been quite a struggle for her, she has been through the wringer... After trying roughly 7 different medications, we are finding that a combination of Prednisone and Sulcrate is doing the trick... In that picture she was roughly 7 lbs. and she is now 13.. =)

Her food is now a combination of Science Diet i/d Dry & Nutro Lamb & Rice Minibites mixed with a spoon of Nutro Max Large Chunk Puppy Lamb (or Chicken) & Rice with gravy (smooshed up).. Just enough of it to give a gloss to the dry food.. =)

Since yesterday was her special day, she had a treat of 1/2 a hardboiled egg, a long massage (combined with a long belly rub) and was allowed to sleep on my velvet pillows for the night.

Again, thank you so much for your words of encouragement.. I have been through a lot with my girl (emotionally and financially (and doing this on a pension isn't easy)) but I would NOT give her up for the world. She *is* my world.
    Trixie's Togs
    .: for dogs who trot the wild side :.