Thread: the dogge in kate n leopold

the dogge in kate n leopold

Hi everyone!

was juz wondering if any of you have watched the movie kate & leopold and could tell me what breed is their dog? didn't he look adorable?

sorry can't help you, I haven't seen the movie yet. I want to was it good ??
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

well..if u have watched meg ryan's other movies like you've got mail..n u liked them...i'm sure u'll love this one...

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Oh I loved that movie, so much I saw it twice. I'm trying to remember what the dog looked like to see if I can place the breed but I can't for the life of me remember.

I close my eyes and all I see are border collies and lab crosses, Do I have a one track mind or what?

Mmm, that was a nice movie! very romantic But my friend and I notice the dog first heehee. The dog was really cute and big too! I also look up for the dog's breed when I visited my vet and i think Bart is an....ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD

here's a part that i got from the net about Bart, the dog in the movie....

Bart’s the Boss
    Bart was played by 2 male Anatolian Shepherds, Noah, who was 21/2 years old, and Moses, 5. Noah and Moses were verbally cued by trainers hidden off-camera to achieve their actions, including barking, running, and even to sit or lay quietly. The dogs were also trained to achieve actions specially for the film, such as flipping over the baby gate that Stuart uses to keep Bart at bay, and to stand still while being pulled on a rug by their leash. For this sequence, Bart is pulled toward an open elevator shaft that Stuart, still clinging to Bart’s leash, has fallen down. A trainer actually pulled the dog by its leash while another trainer reinforced a “stay” command from off-camera. The effect is that Bart looks as though he’s resisting the pull. The elevator itself was only a prop elevator - only a camera was hidden inside to get Bart’s reaction to his master’s eventual fall. Bart’s quizzical facial expressions to Stuart’s accident were prompted by the trainer making strange noises at the dog.

Last edited by ellensy; 02-22-2002 at 05:54 AM.
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

here's a pic of the breed. but this is not Bart.

~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

thanx ellensy! u were efficient! an anatolian shephard huh? couldn't find it in my doggie breed encyclopedia!

Originally posted by a1lie
    thanx ellensy! u were efficient! an anatolian shephard huh? couldn't find it in my doggie breed encyclopedia!
    No problem! I couldn't find the breed in our encyclopedia too. but you can look bout the breed in AKC .
    ~eLLeN~