Thread: Soft Paws anyone?

Soft Paws anyone?

I just came across this product on the web and it sounds like if it works it would be wonderful! Has anyone tried it yet? They are like little rubber caps for kitty claws. I dont want to put them on Maggie unless she can still have SOME use of her claws - such as pretend scratching and being able to jump and climb.

Former User Guest
    I haven't tried them out....just wanted to reply and welcome you here on Pet Talk, you'll love it here!

Welcome!

Thanks! I'm so glad I stumbled on this site - nothing I like better than talking about cats

Hi Brielle and welcome to pet talk!!! You're going to love it here and YES!!! I use soft paws!! They work great!!

This is my Marius displaying his red, white and blue! LOL LOL One thing about them is that you need to be able to handle your kitty's paws. Does Maggie mind having you touch her paws?? If not, then she's a good candidate!! You basically just 'glue' them over your cat's nails and they usually last 30-40 days (depending on how fast your cat sheds her nails). Is she an indoor only cat? My cat is always inside and I use the soft paws just for the fact that our other cat is declawed and I didn't want to risk him being hurt accidentally when both of them play together. The caps don't hinder any of their natural activites such as jumping and scratching. I'm not sure about climbing...like as in a tree?? Good luck with your Maggie and let us know if you try them out! If you have any questions about them, don't hesitate to ask!

Again, welcome!
    **hugs**
    Karen

Maggie is pretty good with letting me touch her anywhere so it shouldnt be a problem getting them on. I know on the website they say the cats can still retract their claws but it doesnt look that way since all the pictures seem to show the claws extended....or is that just becase we can't normally see their claws without color on them?!

By the way - cute picture!! Hopefully they'll come out with even more colors to choose from......

Sounds like Maggie's a good candidate for the soft paws! Yup, the kitties can retract their claws, but you're right...with the colors they look more visible They do have clear nail caps, but I opted for the colors simply because it's easy to tell when one of them has been shed and I need to replace it! I hope they come out with more colors too! Initially I was hoping to get green ones to match my cat's eyes, but the blue ones look striking against my cat's white fur. The red ones I use during the holidays! LOL LOL

I ordered the pink since Maggie is such a little lady! Some designer ones would be nice - zebra stripes, leopard print

Hee, hee, hee. Now my Cassy is swearing he won't get any until they come in desert camoflage so he can sneak through the sandy litter box more stealthily!!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Welcome Brielle

You will love this site all right! I've only been on it a little over a week. What nice people are here!

Could you tell me the site that had the soft paws? My cats could sure use them.
    Thanks.

You can order them from www.softpaws.com - thanks for the welcome!!!

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks a lot. I'll give them a look.

If you want to read a funny section. Go to the cat health section and check out the "tooting" cats. I was dying when I read that. It's so funny. Thanks again.

When I got my second cat, I had my vet put Soft paws on both, to keep them from hurting each other, while fighting. One day I watched one of them sliding down the banister, with this horrified look on her face. Since they stopped fighting and never scratch any furniture I haven't had any need for soft paws.
    They're Angels!!

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!