Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did your cats handle the fireworks?

How did your cats handle the fireworks?

We missed the huge display of fireworks here as we spent the weekend at my brother's. We got home about 10:30 PM and some people were still setting them off but it didn't seem to faze the cats at all. They seemed more concerned about getting fed The cats don't freak out about thunder so I guess fireworks weren't too scary.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

NUGGET,RAN INTO THE HOUSE,AS SOME BRAT THROUGH,A CANNON CRACKER,AT HIM,AND SCARED HIM.
    POOR BIG ORANGIE.
    IT WAS NICE,TO HAVE HIM,HOME,FOR AN EVENING,AND HE,AND SCRAPPY 2,WERE PLAYING.
    I THOUGHT,THAT HE WAS A STRAY,UNTIL A LADY CALLED HIM LUCKY,AND SAID,THAT HE WAS HER CAT,BUT HE WAS FIXED,AND LIKES,TO ROAM,THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

SCRATCHY,HID,AND CAME OUT,ONLY AFTER,THE EXPLOSIONS WERE OVER.SMART CAT.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sassy is afraid of any loud noise. Missy, on the other hand, you could set a bomb off under her and she wouldn't move!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We had fireworks last night at around 10 pm. It was raining. They weren't really scared. I was more worried about Parker in the back room. I was SO glad when they were over.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    It was very interesting around here.

Halo, who is very mellow ~ slept through it. She was unconcerned.
    Cammie, who is a afraid of everything ~ laid on my husband's lap (her normal location).
    Pepper, who is not afraid of anything ~ hid under the bed. Poor girl. We finally found one thing that she's scared of. She was very clingy all night so I didn't get much sleep.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

cats and fireworks

The fireworks and non stop fire crackers on our street didn't bother Groucho a bit. He was very happy to snuggle up and watch The Twilight Zone Marathon with his Meowmie.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

hi callie's mom.. I chuckled when you said they were more concerned about food.. cats are cats.

heh momcat. too funny. a movie cat.

gary, what a lucky nugget. glad he got a visit over the hotel. for me, it's nice to see him too!

my cats handled the sounds very well. I was quite surprised and proud. but at first they really got me thinking there was no furrworks out there (because I can't hear) so I walked out...yeeks. a lot of furrworks nearby! and walked back upstairs inside, they were busy playing, pestering each other.. only a cat, ocean who had his ears perking up, staring through the window to see what's going on.

kuhio, what about kuhio? I'm really curious to know if you're comfortable.

sorry if my question hjacked your thread. or you'd like to know too, ..maybe?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Doesn't faze my cats in the least but then again not much does. LOL

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Just some airplane ears, nothing much else
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

We have a major fireworks show less than 3 blocks from the house... nobody reacted at all. Not even a moment of panic. I expected SOMETHING but nope, we all were cool kitties.

Very few neighbors in our area had fireworks. When they did go off it wasnt a big deal as it has been in the past with the 3 furry kids.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Bosun hid in the closet. The rest of the crew couldn't give a rip.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Magoo and Sammy are afraid of thunder and fireworks! Sammy always vanishes into a closet but Magoo hid under the couch all night. I couldn't get him out for anything. He does this when I thunders too. I found the one thing that scares him! Poor baby.

Some people next door had PROBABLY ILLEGAL fireworks that they had been setting off all week. Some of the close ones caused a lot of running and tail fluffing from Don Juan and Zerlina.

On the Fourth itself, I went to a barbecue with some friends. I closed all the windows and left the A/C on low (energy saver setting) and the closet open so they would have a place to hide. My kitties were fine when I got back... just hungry.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

kuhio, what about kuhio? I'm really curious to know if you're comfortable.

sorry if my question hjacked your thread. or you'd like to know too, ..maybe?
    Kuhio is my RB kitty. I can't bring myself to take her off my signature since she's STILL my baby. Knowing Kuhio she had a wonderful time believing that all the fireworks were just for her! She always had to be the center of attention.

Lisa
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.