Thread: movies you watched today

Despite all the hype avatar is not getting rave reviews down under, my 17yr old girl went and saw it the other night, she was not overly impressed, and this movie is the kind she would enjoy i would have thought, she said the graphics were good, the story line not that great and it was way too long, also the 3d hurt her eyes, anyhow just her opinion, but glad you are having so much enjoyment out of it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I really enjoyed Avatar but, yes, it was waaaaaaay to long. That's usually my beef with movies - they could have done in an hour and a half what they used 3 hours for.

We watched Paranormal Activity the other night and thought it was pretty scary, actually! Slow in starting but it got me pretty spooked - we have a long hallway in our house and when I went to bed that night I didn't want to look out the bedroom door into the hallway. I'm a big sissy!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

I guess my girl looks at things differently as she is a media studies pupil and graduate,so takes in how it is filmed, all sorts of things that i would not even consider lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    I guess my girl looks at things differently as she is a media studies pupil and graduate,so takes in how it is filmed, all sorts of things that i would not even consider lol.
    I saw a special on the tech that was developed to -ilm Avatar. To me, it was very exciting and really neat.

I don't care for Cameron as a person, so I am a little biased about anything he does. -rom what I understand, he takes quite a bit of credit for the hard work on the movies and he's a tyrant to work with.

The other down side to the tech?

I have a -riend that has done set construction for movies like Hulk, The Last Castle, Swor-fish and tons of TV shows. That kind of tech will put many people like him out of a job, because all that work can be done -aster and cheaper on a computer now that the tech has been -ine tuned.

I will see it eventually, but really have no interest in seeing it now.

Richard Melissa reckoned Avatar is an adaption of Pocohontas, i have no idea or intention of seeing the movie until it is out on DVD, not one of my top picks, but would like to see what all the hype is about, she did say the graphics are good, anyhow was just her opinion,nothing else.
    Furangels only lent.

Richard Melissa reckoned Avatar is an adaption of Pocohontas, i have no idea or intention of seeing the movie until it is out on DVD, not one of my top picks, but would like to see what all the hype is about, she did say the graphics are good, anyhow was just her opinion,nothing else.
    And "Dances with Wolves", too.

Tell her to see "A Night to Remember" then "Titanic". His 'writing' talent becomes obvious then..

Another thing that bothered me about JC is that he used the making of Titanic to get access to the wreck and he made tons of dives on it to 'research' his movie, not really necessary, but when you have someone bankrolling your movie?

His gal pal directed 'Hurt Locker' which, while interesting as small vignettes/scenes in the movie? never really had a good story arc and the the jumpy camera shots were really obnoxious.

She has the video of titanic , had it some time as you can imagine it is not a dvd lol, she loved that movie.

Did you all know that the producer of Avatar based the language the aliens spoke in Avatar on the maori language here, he was in NZ and heard it and decided to use it as a basis for the aliens language.

I was wrong about the popularity of it here, it is doing well boxed 10 million so far.

There is a little bit of kiwi in a lot of movies these days lol.
    Furangels only lent.

I was wrong about the popularity of it here, it is doing well boxed 10 million so far.

There is a little bit of kiwi in a lot of movies these days lol.
    Glad you brought this up! Some of the critics were/have always brought this point up about sales and money when a new film debuts.

Let's say that a movie in 1985 makes 12 million dollars during it's run.

(Let's throw out inflation and all the other factors?)

And lets set the ticket price @ 6 dollars. So we get a 2 million people to see the movie.

Let's take the same 12 mil and apply that to Avatar.

Now, ticket prices are 12 bucks- and higher for the Imax and 3D movie houses.

Only one million people will see it.

I have seen some sites that have compared box office numbers for a 1985 flick and a current release, adjusted for inflation and ticket prices.

So, even tho AVATAR is approaching all-time box office sales? When you take into consideration the factors involved? It makes more money, but less people see it.

I just typed in some keywords....

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Ah you only pay 12 bucks to get into a movie, we pay 18 here, time you pay for two add a few eats you looking at having spent $50 that is why we hardly ever go to movies and i am real picky about the ones i pay to see lol we usually end up hiring dvds out instead,they come out on dvd so soon these days anyhow.
    Furangels only lent.

I haveen't been to the movies in a few weeks-last one I saw was Brothers...ad that's been awhile now that I think about it ;/ I rented Pandoram (sp?) lastnight but haven't watched it yet...my brother watched half of it and said he couldn't watch the rest that it was boring...so I dunno...I'm gonna watch it later anyways!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

The Out OF Towners is on tonight on TCM & I am going to watch
    it for the umteenth time. I love the 1970 version with Jack Lemmon
    and Sandy Dennis.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I watched Halloween 5 a little while ago-it came on tv and at 11ish? Wrong Turn is coming on and I will prolly watch some of it
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I saw New Moon FINALLY. So much better than Twilight.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    District 9 was pretty dang good. A little slw in some spots but for a good Sci Fi flick it delivered.
    Just saw D9 last night.

That movie was really good. IT had some great twists and was very entertaining. Loved the special e--ects and the story line was really good.

I could see where it may be compared with the story line in AVATAR, without the cartoons and the "Let's be friends" bull poopoo. There was no altruism in it.

Just 'get me outta here!'

THREE YEARS?

Just the amount of time to get a sequel going......
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Went to see "The lovely bones" over the weekend, it was very good. Really cool scenes. I am on the waiting list for the book with the library.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!