Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    We rented and watched Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night and LOVED it! What a good story! I am also currently reading the book and now think I will read the whole trilogy

I really want to see that!

I am getting ready to watch A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Watching Girl Who Played with Fire. Wish I could have found one dubbed in english, I hate reading stuff when Im watching stuff.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Did you read my posts regarding both movies, i loved them both and read the book the girl who played with fire, it was really good, i cannot wait until the third one comes down under, rumour has it ,not until december, should be so good, she gets her revenge, and believe me there will be no revenge quite like Lisbeths, i imagine lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Im sure I read your posts.

The second movie wasnt redone in English so I had to deal with the subtitles and didnt make it all the way through, so I may not watch the third movie now. The second movie was well done and there where a few areas where it strayed from the book but still very well done.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Yes Blue i had to watch both movies with sub titles too, i learn't some swedish, well some bad words in swedish lol,it is hard but i kind of got used to it, but would prefer it in english to be honest, still did not take away from the story, yes in the book Lisbeth had a twin sister, cannot remember any mention of that in the movie, and there were one or two more differences, but it was pretty close to it, which is not the usual, most people say the book was way better than the movie, but i found them to be on a par with each other.

The good thing with reading the book after the movie , it helped clarify anything i may have missed in the movie,which you can do especially with it being done in sub titles.

Ah Blue you gotta watch the last one, curiosity will get the better of you, it is bound to be better than the first two, i am eager to see what Lisbeth has planned aren't you?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I read '... Dragon Tattoo' a while ago and am now half-way through reading ' ... Played with Fire', both excellent reads. As for the films, I think I will wait for the in English remakes, the first of which is being cast at the moment.

Daniel Craig to star in US Dragon Tattoo remake

I think Daniel is a good choice for Blomkvist but I think finding an actress to portray Lisbeth well is going to be very difficult indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    i am eager to see what Lisbeth has planned aren't you?
    Oh YES! Seriously, this movie was so exciting and good - I am still thinking about it and yes, very curious about what Lisbeth will do next!

BTW I read that an actress has been chosen to portray Lisbeth in the newest version. As for the English subtitles, I find them distracting only for the first few minutes. I will probably watch the Hollywood versions, but don't see how they could be done any better!~

Actually i got used to the sub titles after a while, and found it quite interesting, the swear words in swedish sound so harmless lol, yes this is indeed very exciting, i was thinking about the movie for a while afterwards too.

I am going to see the third movie first then buy the book, as i think reading the book will spoil any surprises in store for me.

Interesting they decided to make english versions really, i think i would wait to hire them out on DVD ,not pay to see them at the cinema,but i would like to see how they portray everyone.

Yes finding an actress as good as the one who portrayed Lisbeth is going to be a hard find indeed.
    Furangels only lent.

We saw Secretariat this afternoon - really enjoyed it

Even though we knew how it ended - having seen the original races 37 years ago.

watched a single man on dvd, was very disappointed,giant fan of colin firth but have to say was surprised he even agreed to do this film, 3/10 from me.
    Furangels only lent.

Thought it was time this thread was bumped up again, as i have just been to see EAT,PRAY,LOVE, there was so much hype about it, and it got a bad review from our TV reviewer, she called it EAT,PRAY,SLEEP, i have to say i completely disagree with her, I loved this movie, from start to finish and it was a long movie 2 hours, even hubby enjoyed it.

I just have to get the book now, Julia Roberts was great, she was the perfect actress for this role and as for her three lovers,including her husband there, one word HUNKS. go see it 8/10 from me.

Going to see DUE DATE in a couple of weeks, won some movie tickets, so will give you my honest opinion when i have seen it, cheers.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Thought it was time this thread was bumped up again, as i have just been to see EAT,PRAY,LOVE, there was so much hype about it, and it got a bad review from our TV reviewer, she called it EAT,PRAY,SLEEP, i have to say i completely disagree with her, I loved this movie, from start to finish and it was a long movie 2 hours, even hubby enjoyed it.

I just have to get the book now, Julia Roberts was great, she was the perfect actress for this role and as for her three lovers,including her husband there, one word HUNKS. go see it 8/10 from me.

Going to see DUE DATE in a couple of weeks, won some movie tickets, so will give you my honest opinion when i have seen it, cheers.
    This was at our 3 dollar theater for a while now I wished I went to see it, I don't know if its out on dvd here yet or not.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh my gosh you have a three dollar theatre, WOW, we pay 15.00 an adult here and in bigger cities it is 17, oh my sure wish we had that here, we do have days and times where it is a big cheaper ,like ten but that is it, yes go and see it or get the dvd if it is out, it is better on big screen though ,for the lovely scenery.,in Italy.
    Furangels only lent.

I watched 300. Terrible movie. I saw Secretariat a few weeks ago too, expecting to be a bit boring, it was actually EXCELLENT! Very inspirational.

ETA: I recently saw 'Tears of the Sun' too, it was so good, but it was really sad towards the end. Overall very enjoyable.

I watched the Hallmark Channel last night and today. I'm not usually in to feel-good flicks but for some reason this weekend, that's what I watched all weekend.

I started with the Good Witch, Good Witch's Garden, and Good Witch's Gift.

Today I watched Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Silver Bells, A season for Miracles, Fallen Angel.

I had put Avatar in the disc player, but never watched it.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)