Thread: movies you watched today

Robilee wasn't last chance harvey awesome,l saw it when it first came out at the cinema,like you i loved it, it was such a sweet moving movie, without all the bad language,violence etc etc.,and i would watch it again, and i rarely do that ever.

Going to see INCEPTION first week in august, won some movies passes, so that will be interesting, my nephew has just seen it, he liked it but said it was very long, hmm i don't think it is going to keep me interested if it is a long movie, my attention span is not too long lol, but we shall see.

Anyone seen the new Movie Knight and Day yet?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Robilee wasn't last chance harvey awesome,l saw it when it first came out at the cinema,like you i loved it, it was such a sweet moving movie, without all the bad language,violence etc etc.,and i would watch it again, and i rarely do that ever.
    It really was a sweet moving movie, Carole. It had a charm to it and what I like about it most is that it was a grown up movie...lol. I would also watch it again.

I got some movies from the library and spent the weekend watching them.

NIGHTS IN RODANTHE... a sappy love story but it was ok.

PASSENGER....I found it boring.

A SERIOUS MAN.....crazy movie and kind of boring. Wasn't for sure what it was about, didn't get the ending... BUT it's a Joel and Ethan Coen movie so what can you expect...lol.

THE WRESTLER...Good movie, good acting. Enjoyed it.

THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT...I wasn't haunted or scared.

I saw 'Charlie St. Cloud' this afternoon. If you read the book, it was completely different and the plot was changed up quite a bit. NOT to say it was a horrible movie, but it wasn't accurate. It was a good movie overall, but in my opinion, the book was way better.

just watched Remember Me and Up In The Air, on dvd, both were ok movies,nothing to write home about, but entertaining enough, probably give them a 6/10, i was a bit disappointed in up in the air, it had rave reviews etc, and i certainly did not think it lived up to them, not bad movies but not exceptionally great movies either.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

2012 sucked big time.

Now?

I pray the world does end in December 2012. That way the world will never have to see stupid movies like that forever and ever, Amen.

The Losers? *** Palatable, saw it on TV as the A-team.

I am working my way thru the Clash of the Titans-the orig and the redo....WTF, Hollywood can't get either story straight.

I love the "old movies" and plan my Saturdays around PBS. Last night I watched "Treasure of Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart. Last week I watched "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Cary Grant and Raymond Massey. For as many times as I've seen it, I still laugh especially when Teddy runs up the stairs yelling "Charge!!!!".

The best part is all the oldies are shown in black & white as they were originally made.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Blue i have just seen the girl with the dragon tattoo on dvd and then next day went to see the girl who played with fire at the movies.

I have to say both were intense, certainly not boring, a little too violent for me, but i still enjoyed both movies,the story line was good, although very explicit, and you will know the scenes i mean, however i would rate it pretty high 7/10, i am now reading the book the girl who played with fire, and it makes great reading, better than the movie so far, as there is so much more in it, and even though i know most of the story i am still finding it an exciting read.
    cannot wait for the third movie ,might get the book.

Loved the scenery, sweden is beautiful indeed.

One has to admire Lisbeth salander, man you don't want to mess with that girl lol.

Warning, if you are easily offended this is not the movie for you.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Temple Grandin w/Claire Danes. I always considered Claire Danes to be a yawner w/not much talent. She proved me wrong w/this part. She did a wonderful job. An HBO movie. Highly recommended.
    Lots of people liked this movie. Claire Danes, Julia Ormond and David Strathairn all won acting awards at the Emmys last night. And the movie itself, won Best TV movie. The real Temple was there to share in the excitement.

Last night we watched two similar and very good movies The Prestige and The Illusionist. Both movies are about magicians and both have the most interesting twists!! I have seen them both before and will likely watch them both again! I especially like The Illusionist and still don't have it all quite figured out! "Things are never what they seem!"

Had anyone seen these and if so, have you figured out what really happened??

I won the dvd The daybreakers so felt obliged to watch it, i am not a science fiction fan or of vampires, but it was ok, full of action, and i did sit through the whole movie so that say's something, 6/10 for me.
    Furangels only lent.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Just stopping by to say hi! Cool as heck that this thread is still going!

Carole, I saw Remember Me and Up in the Air. Remember Me bothered me, I found the end pretty insulting. No biggie, I wasn't totally invested in the characters anyway, although I LOVED the relationship between Robert P and the girl who played his little sister! I LOVED Up in the Air. I thought it was fantastic. I didn't see the twist with the love interest coming at all. I was really upset for awhile hahaha.

Anyway...I also saw Percy Jackson and the Olympians, as well as Clash of the Titans. I enjoyed them both...although I was kindof bugged that Perseus didn't marry Andromeda in Clash.

Hmmm...what else? Oh, yeah! Despicable Me! Awesome awesome awesome!

The Informant was pretty good, but Matt Damon was amazing.

The Runaways...love that Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart did their own singing, and the movie was entertaining, but I wasn't blown away.

That's all I can think of for now!
    Last edited by finn's mom; 09-02-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh yeah...just read through another page...reminded me of a couple more...

I loved The Hangover. I don't consider myself dumb, but I laughed pretty much non stop...I thought it was really a fun movie, and I liked the friendships.

I also adored Invictus. Clint Eastwood really makes incredible films.
    Last edited by finn's mom; 09-02-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

One more...I saw Sherlock Holmes. I liked the look of the film, and I really like Robert Downey Jr, but the movie didn't blow my mind. I probably would watch it again if someone else wanted to, but I wouldn't rent it myself.
    Last edited by finn's mom; 09-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Tristan and Isolde w/Sophia Myles and James Franco. Very well done and I love the music so I bought the CD of the sound track.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

We rented and watched Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night and LOVED it! What a good story! I am also currently reading the book and now think I will read the whole trilogy