Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

I saw The Iron Lady this afternoon. Meryl Streep was wonderful, but I wasn't too keen on the movie. Too much bouncing back and forth between the decades. I read somewhere that the British weren't too happy with the movie - they felt it was disrespectful to Mrs. Thatcher who is still alive and suffering from dementia. If that is true, I agree with them.

I was interested to see your take on that movie, i was going to see it, but we were ill at the time, think i will wait until the DVD comes out,Meryl is a great actress anyhow, so be worth seeing it for that alone, yes i hate when they go back and forth,hard to keep track of what is going on.,thanks for your review.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    I gotta say i did not like it at all.

I have just seen TINKER ,TAILOR,SOLDIER ,SPY.I have to say i have never been so bored in all my life
    Black Swan is definitely not for everyone. I've seen a few times, and really liked it. I loved the costumes, the score, the acting, the direction, how uncomfortable it made me feel in parts, etc.

The trailers make me want to see Tinker . . . I had no plans to see it in the theater, though. And, from your description . . . there's no way my husband will like it. I'll probably still check it out at some point.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Kari you might like it, we have often disagreed on films, each to their own, i heard some saying they liked it as they left, but most seemed to be with us,not liking it.

Oh i hated that feeling uncomfortable in the film the BLACK SWAN, there were some good parts in it though, i actually have to say i preferred that film to TINKER,TAILOR ,SOLDIER,SPY.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

[SIZE=3]I caught one that has been around for a few years, "Air Force One" with Harrison Ford. Good story line, exciting, and I simply cannot resist anything with Harrison Ford,/SIZE]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I watched The Parking Lot Movie, Hell House, and A Film With Me In It. The first one was a documentary about a sort of unconventional parking lot and the people who have worked there over the years and I enjoyed it. The second was about Trinity church who started the whole Hell House thing, they have the most awful and ridiculous house of them all. It was mostly and hour of cringing. A Film With Me In It is an Irish black comedy with Dylan Moran and Mark Doherty, and I really liked it.

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Kari you might like it, we have often disagreed on films, each to their own, i heard some saying they liked it as they left, but most seemed to be with us,not liking it.

Oh i hated that feeling uncomfortable in the film the BLACK SWAN, there were some good parts in it though, i actually have to say i preferred that film to TINKER,TAILOR ,SOLDIER,SPY.
    I like movies that make me squirm, make me cry, make me mad, etc. Of course, I love laughing hysterically, too. I like movies that make me feel, even if it's not necessarily a good feeling.

I won't be rushing around to see the film, but I'm sure I'll catch it at some point. Maybe on "On Demand" one day.

I saw Dear Frankie the other day, it was so sweet. It was neat seeing Gerard Butler play such an understated character. He was perfect in the part. Actually, the casting was remarkable, as well as the acting. It wasn't a complicated movie, but I liked it a lot. I didn't sit and watch from start to finish, but I did get the gist of it, and watched certain parts with 100% attention.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Just got home from seeing Red Tails - story of the Tuskegee Airmen in WWII.

Really enjoyed this - lots of action, and lots of history I didn't know about.

I just watched "The Last Song", for a second time. Let's just say I almost ran out of tissues! That very rarely happens but it was a pretty emotional movie.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Soul Surfer - true story of a teen surfer who had one arm bitten off at the shoulder by a shark. It chronicles her fight for life, how she overcomes any fear of getting back in the water, to returning to competition and eventually turning pro. Great story of courage and determination and well worth watching. The awesome scenery of Hawaii and it's beaches was icing on the cake.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Not a movie . . . but HBO's series are movie quality, for sure! We've been watching Deadwood for the past few weeks. Great show! I really like the characters and the little moral diamonds hidden amongst all the immoral lumps of coal haha. Great acting, awesome cast. We just started the third (and final, I think) season!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Soul Surfer - true story of a teen surfer who had one arm bitten off at the shoulder by a shark. It chronicles her fight for life, how she overcomes any fear of getting back in the water, to returning to competition and eventually turning pro. Great story of courage and determination and well worth watching. The awesome scenery of Hawaii and it's beaches was icing on the cake.
    I watched this Sunday night too for the first time. What an inspiration that girl is! Loved that they paired Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid together as the parents, although Helen Hunt looked emaciated. I have never seen her that thin in the face before.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I watched this Sunday night too for the first time. What an inspiration that girl is! Loved that they paired Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid together as the parents, although Helen Hunt looked emaciated. I have never seen her that thin in the face before.
    You're so right about Helen Hunt. I hardly recognized her!

It was a great movie, wasn't it? I'm not a big movie watcher since I usually can't stay awake long enough to see the whole thing, but that one grabbed me from the start. It's still on my On Demand lineup, and I'll probably watch it again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I started watching a TV movie Sunday evening called "Smile As Big As the Moon" with John Corbett from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". But I missed about the last 45 minutes of it because a friend phoned. I'm so bummed!

I heard on the news that the "Star Wars" movies are being re-released in 3D. I'd love to see "Return of the Jedi" again! That was the movie my senior year of high school.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I started watching a TV movie Sunday evening called "Smile As Big As the Moon" with John Corbett from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". But I missed about the last 45 minutes of it because a friend phoned. I'm so bummed!

I heard on the news that the "Star Wars" movies are being re-released in 3D. I'd love to see "Return of the Jedi" again! That was the movie my senior year of high school.
    I missed that because I was watching Soul Surfer. They said "Smile As Big As the Moon" will be aired again on a different channel, maybe Encore? I'll let you know if I see it coming on. I want to watch it too. I love John Corbett. Do you remember the TV show Northern Exposure from back in the '90's. He was in that show. I have always had a major crush on him.