Thread: movies you watched today

I watched the 1965 movie Dr. Who and the Daleks. It was actually pretty good, but I found it weird that it came out while William Hartnell was playing the Doctor on tv, so they had a different man play the Doctor. They also sort of threw cannon out the window for a little bit. It was in colour though and the set was really cool. (very 60s!)

Oh and there's a sequel so I'm gonna check that out next.

Niño & Eliza

Yesterday I watched "Grumpy Old Men" with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon. One of my all-time favorites. Those two guys were so good together in movies. Shame they are both gone now. My favorite part is when one throws a dead fish in the back seat of the other's vehicle and he doesn't find it right away.

loving leah.....

i thought it was an interesting, loving film.....

Thanks to PCB!

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Yesterday I watched "Grumpy Old Men" with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon. One of my all-time favorites. Those two guys were so good together in movies. Shame they are both gone now. My favorite part is when one throws a dead fish in the back seat of the other's vehicle and he doesn't find it right away.
    OMG.....

I saw HOUSE CALLS with Matthau a few weeks ago. That was a classic Matthau comedy, worth the time and effort.

Did you hear about the morgans?

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE MORGANS?

Awful movie! So boring!

I am not a big fan of apocalyptic movies. This movie did nothing to change my mind. The movie has some very realistic special effects that make you wonder how it was done. Most of the FX were over done and not believable. The movie was long without really adding much more that suspense that you could predict the outcome. Not a must see in my book, Want a lot of action go see the movie.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Went to see "The Hurt Locker" last night. I didn't like it, but it's not the style of movie I'd ordinarily have chosen. It did so well at the Oscars, though. It has a lot of rough language.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

New Moon
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

yes did you hear about the morgans had a shocking review down here, i was going to see it, but after hearing that chose to see its complicated which was an excellent movie,shame my favourite actor hugh grant lowered himself to act in such a bad movie.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Zombieland. Actually saw it a few weeks ago, but I can't
    remember if I reviewed it in here. I give it an A+++++! It was awesome, we actually rented it from Redbox twice.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

My sister-in-law and second cousin watched New Moon the other night. I was busy around the house but I watched several parts. I enjoyed it again (saw it in the theater), it's a decent movie. It bugs me that the first three films so far have had three different directors. Make up your mind!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I love documentaries and have seen some good ones lately. HBO has the best.

I saw Afghan Star, A flick about an American Idol style program in Afghanistan.

Assault in the Ring, The story about a boxer who killed his opponent during a match. Very, very good.

Duke versus Carolina, about the basketball rivalry between the two schools. I am not a huge BB fan, but love the story.

I especaially like Liev Schreiber, the actor...he does the commentary on quite a few of the films.

melissa saw Bounty i think that is the name, said it was ok, starring Jennifer Aniston, and She's out of my league, she enjoyed that one, i am off to see law abiding citizen on saturday, so will let you all know what i think.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We watched The Men Who Stare at Goats. I loved it. It was different, and I didn't expect it to have so much heart. It was drenched in foolow your heart, discover your personal legend, complete faith in something, connections to nature, etc. And it was very funny. Awesome cast!

I think I may rent Up in the Air tomorrow. And I still wanna see Precious.

Anyone see The Cove? I've been wanting to, but I know it'll tear me up...