Page 19 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by carole
    tell me ChrisH and Kari what was it you disliked about it.?

well, I don't remember to be honest with you, I only saw it once and it was in the theater when it first came out. I think I remember thinking it was just too drawn out and predictable, maybe. I don't think I liked Nicole Kidman's portrayal, even though I remember enjoying Jude Law's acting. I think I just thought the overall feeling was hokey. But, maybe I am just thinking about the generic responses I have to a lot of films that don't catch my attention. Like I said, it's been awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    Kari, I also like Lost In Translation. Good movie.
    I know it, it's one of my favorites. Just how simple and complicated and heartfelt and sad and beautiful it is. I love how Coppola depicted Tokyo, and, I really liked the karaoke scene where they were each singing, and, it was cool that they were actually singing, and, not all that awesome at it. The whole thing was just so natural, and, the scenes where Murray's trying to communicate with the Japanese director and the photographer asking him to imitate all the old movie stars, it's so funny and sad at the same time. The most outright funny part, though, is the stairmaster thing, oh man. Anyway, I'll shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    i'm going to go watch elizabethtown
    Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my very favorites, but, I never spell his name correctly! Be sure to tell us what you thought of the film, it's one I'm interested in seeing...it's funny, as a kid I remember having a penpal once who lived in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I don't remember her name, but, I remember she had a cute little dog named Trouble. Typical of me to remember the dog's name, but, not hers! I remember we could choose any town, and, somehow we got a penpal from the town we chose. And, I chose that particular town because my mother's name is Elizabeth.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh, I watched the first half of The Motorcycle Diaries. I really enjoyed what I saw of it, but, i was too tired to continue watching it. My niece let me borrow it, so, I'm thinking I'm going to finish it tonight.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I think The motorcycle Diaries was filmed here in NZ, correct me if I am wrong, anyone going to see The worlds fastest Indian, it was filmed most part here in NZ too and is about NZer Burt Munro, anthony Hopkins played him, it has not debuted here except in one south Island Town, but I heard it got rave reviews at the film festival in Canada, I am eager to hear Anthony's NZ accent, he is a brilliant actor so no doubt he did a good job, produced by NZer Roger Donaldson, let me know what you all think when you see it?

The lion, the witch and the wardrobe (hope I got that right, hopeless at getting names right of movies) and King Kong were also filmed in NZ.

Kari you know I found Lost in Translation the most boring movie ever, but i did find parts of it entertaining, something sure got lost on me for sure, I Just dont get those type of movies, it was slow and tedious, to me, but I know I am in the miniority with my opinion, as it did well here too.,everyone finds something different in each movie they view, interesting to hear one's opinions. and know that I am respectful of them.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Anne of Green Gables. I'm telling you, those three movies are so good...but, the first one with Matthew and Marilla just absolutely floors me every time I watch it. I love the characters like they're personal friends of mine, and, I hate when the movie ends. And, I need to read the books again, they are so incredible. If you haven't read the books or seen the films, and, you're a woman of any age, you really must. They are an absolute must for a young woman to read and see. I introduced my ex husband's niece to them when she was about 18 or 19, and, we cried like babies together while we watched them. It's one memory I will take with me always. Definitely a must see!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Anne of Green Gables. I'm telling you, those three movies are so good...but, the first one with Matthew and Marilla just absolutely floors me every time I watch it. I love the characters like they're personal friends of mine, and, I hate when the movie ends. And, I need to read the books again, they are so incredible. If you haven't read the books or seen the films, and, you're a woman of any age, you really must. They are an absolute must for a young woman to read and see. I introduced my ex husband's niece to them when she was about 18 or 19, and, we cried like babies together while we watched them. It's one memory I will take with me always. Definitely a must see!
    TOTALLY agree! I have been a fan of 'Anne' since I was little. I have all of the books and movies. I haven't watched any of the movies for quite a while, now I am in the mood for them! I live Anne and Gilbert together, what a sweet, romantic couple!

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    Anne and Gilbert together, what a sweet, romantic couple!

Oh, my gosh, I know! I love them! I'm wanting to finish the first one tonight, because I didn't get through the whole movie last night. But, we are supposed to grill out, hang out with a bunch of people and watch this cancelled tv series on dvd. I saw Serenity twice in the movie theater, and, now want to see the series it was from...the series is called Firefly. It's not a movie, but, I'll let y'all know what I thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    I saw In Her Shoes last night. I really enjoyed it!
    i NEED TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I have just watched The Woodsmen on DVD, I was so wanting to see this at the movies so was excited to see it out so early, Kevin Bacon did an awesome job, I almost hated him for what he was in the movie, but I love him as an actor because he does a good job, It was a reasonable movie I thought, I noticed it kept my attention, which is hard to do, I actually managed to sit still and watch it without getting up several times, so when I thought about that I realised it must have been pretty ok.

Then we watched The Boogeyman, I was not over-thrilled by it, even though it was kinda neat to see all the NZ scenery and our local actors, Lucy Lawless, and at least two others, I had read they did an apalling job of the American Accent and to be honest I had to agree, ( except for Lucy)not a great movie IMO., and No i was not even scared really.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well, I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail last night, or rather I watched about half .... after around the first quarter I was so bored!! So much for all I wrote earlier!

The last movie's I watched were Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, and A Clockwork Orange. I have seen A Clockwork Orange many times, and it is one of my favorite movies. The Family Guy movie was hilarious

Saw Amytiville Horror...I'd give it 2 stars.

And I saw Finding Neverland. Good movie. I'd give it 4.25 stars (this is out of 5 stars).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    Well, I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail last night, or rather I watched about half .... after around the first quarter I was so bored!! So much for all I wrote earlier!

I love that movie. You have to be in the mood for it though. I have
    some of the dialog memorized. So funny...

I watched As Good As It Gets yesterday. Great movie. I love Jack
    Nicholson & Helen Hunt together.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz, you could be right, maybe I wasn't in the right mood.

Anyone seen 'Big Fish'?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    Anyone seen 'Big Fish'?
    I thought Big Fish was a fantastic film. I cried so hard! I love Tim Burton, though...most of his movies rock. I thought Ewan Magregor did an awesome job in it! Did you see it, yet?

No, I haven't seen it yet, it should be here tommorow or Thursday. It looked good in the review, glad to have it confirmed.

I haven't watched Boondock Saints yet either, somehow every time I plan to watch it something happens to stop me.