Page 17 of 150 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    I just watched "Crash". Very good movie.

Most definitely.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie
    I thought that movie was awesome too! A lot of people didn't like it though. *shrugs*

The people I know that didn't like it thought it was going to be a Jim Carrey movie...and, a lot of his fans don't like when he does something different from his Ace Ventura/Dumb and Dumber/The Mask routine...I love his physical comedy, yes. But, he's a tremendous actor in other ways, too...He's like a chameleon, he can do anything. I thought it was a great movie.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

The Corpse Bride. Loved it! It's beautifully done, and, the music, done by Danny Elfman, of course, is so clever and fun! Johnny Depp's character is so charming and clumsy. I thought Emily Watson's voice was perfect, it's like bells. It's amazing what Tim Burton can do with clay! The little dog, Scraps, is really cute...like the ghost dog, Zero, in The Nightmare Before Christmas!

I bought and watched "The Goonies" last night, great movie . And also "Boys Dont Cry" with Hilary Swank, i finally found it on DVD interesting movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    I bought and watched "The Goonies" last night, great movie . And also "Boys Dont Cry" with Hilary Swank, i finally found it on DVD interesting movie.
    Isnt "Boys Dont Cry" a wild movie? I think Hilary Swank did an outstanding job in that movie. I think she is a great actress, I dont know why she isnt in more movies....

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Isnt "Boys Dont Cry" a wild movie? I think Hilary Swank did an outstanding job in that movie. I think she is a great actress, I dont know why she isnt in more movies....

Have you seen her in Million Dollar Baby, yet? She's outstanding. The whole cast is so perfect, and, it's just an incredibly moving film.

Yes, I did see Million Dollar Baby. Outstanding movie! The cast was perfect together. Clint Eastwood did an amazing job, as did Morgan Freeman. It was a very moving movie. One of the best I have seen in a long time. That and Crash

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I saw Million Dollar Baby last weekend. It was good. I hated her family in that movie!

I also saw the movie, Crash. It was very good. Great acting and the story line makes you think. It's about racism in America.

I'm watching the new Amytiville Horror this weekend.

Jada yeah it is pretty wild. Hilary is amazing. I would love to see her in more movies *Sigh*.

Kari, i actualy have a copy of million dollar baby on DVD but i have never watched it. I will do so tonight. If it is anything like her other movies then i will probably enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Yes, I did see Million Dollar Baby. Outstanding movie! The cast was perfect together. Clint Eastwood did an amazing job, as did Morgan Freeman. It was a very moving movie. One of the best I have seen in a long time.

Agreed, I love Clint Eastwood, and, this has got to be my favorite of his performances. I've always thought Hilary Swank was an amazing actress, but, for some reason she's always bothered me. I could never quite put my finger on it. But, I didn't get that feeling at all watching her in this movie. I saw it the day the Oscars were taking place, because it and the Aviator were the only two I hadn't seen, yet, that were up for best picture. I was so happy when it won.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    Kari, i actualy have a copy of million dollar baby on DVD but i have never watched it. I will do so tonight. If it is anything like her other movies then i will probably enjoy it.
    Let us know what you think of it...I haven't watched anything else of hers in so long, I can't tell you if it's like anything else she's done. But, just on it's own merit, it's an astounding piece of art. Clint Eastwood and Hilary Swank have this incredible, surprising chemistry that just left me feeling intoxicated, it was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    I saw Million Dollar Baby last weekend. It was good. I hated her family in that movie!

I also saw the movie, Crash. It was very good. Great acting and the story line makes you think. It's about racism in America.

I'm watching the new Amytiville Horror this weekend.
    I was really disappointed in the way her family acted, too...heartless creeps, all of 'em!

I thought Crash was also a great film. Disturbing, but, you're right, it does make you think. I wasn't surprised by anything in it, though. I'm an optimist, but, I'm not blind to the fact that stuff like that happens all the time.

And, please...tell me what you think of the Amytiville movie, I've yet to see it...

Ugh, last night we watched "A Clockwork Orange" because DBF had never seen it and wanted to. I forgot how much I don't like that movie. I'm going to go see The Corpse Bride to make up for it.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    Ugh, last night we watched "A Clockwork Orange" because DBF had never seen it and wanted to. I forgot how much I don't like that movie. I'm going to go see The Corpse Bride to make up for it.
    Ha ha, I love Stanley Kubrick, and, Orange is one of my favorites, although it's been ages since I saw it. Did DBF (what does that stand for, anyway?) like it? I saw the Corpse Bride, I loved it! I love how Burton can even make clay loveable.

Melissa saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the other night, her opinion was that the graphics were not that good and very fake, she actually liked the older version better, except that she loved Johnny Depp in his role and she thought the ending was better in the new version, some of the characters were good , but some not as good, but she did enjoy the movie very much, actually more so than her friend did.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Its a rainy day here in N.C.
    My husband brought home Sin City, and The Longest yard.
    Ill let you know what we think.
    We did see crash, and thought it was good. And yes it does make you think.
    Also saw Million $ Baby, excellent!
    Also Fever Pitch, thought it was a good movie. Very cute.
    Monster-In-Law, was great, we both thought it was funny. Jane Fonda did a super job.
    The Ring 2,was good your typical scary thriller.
    Beauty Shop was ok, nothing spectacular.
    Just to name a few.
    Will let you know on the 2 we watch tonight.
    just me

Melissa and I watched Raise your voice with Hilary duff, oh dear not exactly a great movie, Melissa got bored and went upstairs, I stuck it out, but I certainly would not give it a great rating.

Going to watch The Clearing this weekend with the great Robert Redford and excellent British Actress Helen Mirren.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️