Page 16 of 150 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by JenBKR
    Is that the newer one with Sandra Bullock? I want to see that! I'll have to go rent it now
    Sorry to answer for Donna, but, yes...there are tons of good people in this movie, but, no one really has huge parts...it's several stories that intertwine. Beware, though, it is extremely vulgar. That doesn't bother me, but, it does some people. The movie basically centers around racism, and, all the problems surrounding judging people because of the color of their skin. It's an incredible movie, but, not pleasant in the slightest. I'm not trying to steer you away from the movie, at all. Just wanted to let you know up front what it it's all about. I have a friend that went and was disgusted, but, she's very sensitive and only likes to watch fun movies. Anyway, it got an A+ in my book!

edited: ha ha, looks like she beat me to answering your question. sorry for jumping the gun, you guys.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

You explained it a lot better than I did Kari! I cant believe how good Ludicras (rapper) was at acting. The part you were talking about really got to me also Kari. There are probably cops out there just like that. Another part that got me was when that same cop came across the lady he had pulled over in the car wreck. Wow!! I agree with you A+ all the way on that movie.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Ok thanks for the info guys! It sounds really good, I thought it had something to do with racism, but I couldn't really remember. Thanks!

Originally posted by finn's mom
    I enjoyed the Transporter 2, also. The chick was annoying to me, but, other than that...Jason Statham is a hottie, so, I just overlooked her. I can't wait to see the Corpse Bride! I totally forgot that was already out! I haven't disliked anything from Tim Burton, though, so, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I wonder if you didn't enjoy Flightplan, because it didn't make sense, because you only caught the ending? I don't know, I'm kinda bummed to hear you didn't like it, as it's one I'm planning to see, maybe even tonight, if my mom will go with me. Your's is the first "review" I've heard from a moviegoer...

I also want to see The Greatest Game Ever Played, that comes out on Friday!
    I caught enough to understand what happened earlier (I think I caught the middle to the ending). It wasn't horrible or anything.. I think I'm just really picky about my movies.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I heard a review of Flightplan on the radio that said the ending stunk...I really want to see that though. Kari if you go see it let me know if you like it!

I heard a review of Flightplan on the radio that said the ending stunk...I really want to see that though. Kari if you go see it let me know if you like it!
    Will do. I'm going to see if my mom will go tonight. I'm for sure going on Friday to see The Greatest Game Ever Played. I don't care if I have to see that by myself, I'm going.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by finn's mom
    Will do. I'm going to see if my mom will go tonight. I'm for sure going on Friday to see The Greatest Game Ever Played. I don't care if I have to see that by myself, I'm going.
    Too bad we don't live closer, I want to see both of those!

Too bad we don't live closer, I want to see both of those!
    No kidding!

I'm going tonight to see The Greatest Game Ever Played, I'll give my thoughts either after the movie or tomorrow! I think I'll love it, Disney always seems to do a good job on live action sports themed films. And, I love the actor, Shia Labouf or however his name is spelled. He's just adorable, and, I think he'll do great in a dramatic role...I don't think I've seen him in anything other than a comedy, yet...

Originally posted by luvofallhorses
    I watched Guess Who and Racing Stripes over the weekend, both really good movies!!
    ahh i still have to sse guess who
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Oh, my gosh! The Greatest Game Ever Played was wonderful! The cinemetography is gorgeous, wonderful color, really awesome characters! Shia Labeouf (sorry if I spelled that incorrectly) was fantastic as the main character, Francis Ouimet. If you like true, WOW stories, this is a good one. This 20-year-old amateur (used to be a caddie!) in a US Open against seasoned professional veterans...it's a true hero story! I knew a little about it before the movie came out, but, it is a really feel good movie. The little boy that plays his caddie is a spunky little doll. Elias Koteas plays his french dad, and, he's great. Anyway, it's a good family movie, and, made me cry at the very end. I'll probably go and see it again. If I had more thumbs, I'd give more than two thumbs up!

I just watched "Crash". Very good movie.

Heh, Zoolander.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Very cool, different, sweet, dark, funny movie. I thought it was great! Jim Carrey is amazing!
    I thought that movie was awesome too! A lot of people didn't like it though. *shrugs*

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

I saw Lord of War last night. It was SOOOO good! Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]