Thread: movies you watched today

I got a quarter of the way through Insidious, never ever finishing it.

My parents finally let me have the password to their Netflix account about a month ago, so I've been watching a LOT of films and stuff.
    Just finished Latter Days- I cried.
    Earlier today I watched The Science Of Sleep, and walked away feeling like I had been dreaming for about five hours, which was very weird.
    I've watched an Argentinian film called Plan B twice in the last week now, I just loved it. It checked all of the boxes of things I've been liking recently.
    And I'm also slowly making my way through All Creatures Great And Small. I started watching it for Peter Davison but I truly love it now.

Niño & Eliza

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Black Swan. Awesome! Natalie Portman is so good, I love watching her. It was definitely strange seeing her portray such a meek, weak character. She was so twisted, I was mesmerized. LOVED it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh my you really love this film Kari, i honestly did not enjoy it at all,it was a big disappointment to me.

Got to agree though Natalie did an awesome job in this film.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just finished a film called XXY. There were definitely emotions involved for me!

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Oh my you really love this film Kari, i honestly did not enjoy it at all,it was a big disappointment to me.

Got to agree though Natalie did an awesome job in this film.
    Yeah, I think it's a love it or hate it kind of movie, for sure. I LOVE weird movies, though, and this was definitely the strangest thing I've seen Natalie Portman do.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I watched "Sleepers" tonight on TV...first time I've seen it, good show.

"I'm Back !!"

I just finished Lake Tahoe. It was very slow moving and very understated, but I finished it and didn't regret watching it. They kind of overused the cut to black screen, I think.

Haha films seem to fit into three categories for me.
    A) Didn't like it- Couldn't even finish it
    B) Liked it- Watched it all the way through, don't regret watching it, but probably don't want to watch it again any time soon.
    C) Loved it- probably my new favorite film, will probably watch it several times more.

Niño & Eliza

Winnie the Pooh

We went to see the Winnie the Pooh movie today! It was a good movie, and all the characters were true to the original. My only complaint was that the movie theatre played far too many ads and previews - and even though I liked the Legend of Nessie short, there was just too much stuff before we actually got the see the movie itself. I don't envy all the parents with young children that were there.

But I'm guessing that's something the theatre chain controls, so maybe it would be better elsewhere!
    I've Been Frosted

And so I just watched another one. This one was called Year Of The Nail. It was solely still photos taken over the course of a year by the director, but with voice overs and sound effects to tell a fictional story. It was pretty good and for the most part I forgot I was watching still images. It seems like the thing you'd either hate or love.

Niño & Eliza

Oh my, I've watched a lot of movies lately, haha.

Rango, which was adorable. Johnny Depp as a lizard was totally new, but it was cute.

Red Riding Hood, actually pretty good. Totally unexpected ending.

Spiderman 2, I know I'm way behind on watching Spiderman. I saw the first one recently, so we got the 2nd one, it was good too.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Catch Me If You Can. AMAZING movie. I just spent about 30 minutes reading an interview Frank Abagnale did with a 13-year-old aspiring journalist that blew my mind. What a life he has led and continues to lead. Fantastic guy!

No films, per say, but today was my first day off in over a week and I'm dogsitting so I didn't feel up to much other than staying home and watching stuff. I watched a stage recording of Company, Doctor Who, Top Gear, Little Britain, and now I'm about to watch My Little Pony (I know, I know) and then Road to El Dorado.

Yes, I do spend the majority of my days off watching stuff.

Niño & Eliza

I just watched Valkyrie....for the second time.

"I'm Back !!"

Blog Entries
    Cowboys & Aliens was action packed & gory too. Harrison Ford was his good old self. It was filmed in New Mexico with some real pretty scenery. Not for the faint of heart though & just about froze to death in the theater they had the air turned way down.