Page 107 of 150 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

The Man Without a Face with Mel Gibson, Nick Stahl. Excellent
    movie. Directed by Gibson also.

I watched Grey Gardens the movie, I am just starting the documentary.

All I can say right now, 10 minutes into the documentary, is Drew and Jessica Lang did phenomenal jobs as Little and Big Edith's.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I watched Grey Gardens the movie, I am just starting the documentary.

All I can say right now, 10 minutes into the documentary, is Drew and Jessica Lang did phenomenal jobs as Little and Big Edith's.
    They really did, didn't they? I compared a particular clip of Lang w/Big Edith and I could hardly tell the difference. They both did remarkable portrayals.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The Usual Suspects

Very good; I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Lots of suspense, plus i love Kevin Spacey.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    i went with a group of girls last night to see the ugly truth. it was funny and cute, definitely a fluff movie. no real deep substance or incredible moments. but it was funny. it's pretty vulgar, so keep that in mind if you're easily offended. i enjoyed it, but nothing i'd write home to mom about.

i also saw public enemies last week. great movie, not the best ever. not my favorite johnny depp film ever, but still really good!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Watched Righteous Kill last night. It got panned by critics, but it was really a good movie (The sex scenes were needless, but such is life)

Deniro and Pacino carried the movie, but they did it very, very well. What other actors could pull off calling Underdog a druggie?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

"Damage" w/Jeremy Irons. I'll watch ANYTHING he's in. He's my favorite actor of all time plus he's easy on the eyes and he lives in a 14th century castle in England. C'mon! W/that velvety voice he could talk me into anything. Anyhow...this movie is appropriately named. All the people in it are damaged and the course that Irons takes in the movie causes so much irreparable damage that at times the movie is difficult to watch. It's like flying over or driving through a scene where a natural disaster just occurred. The damage is indescribable. A must see.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I finally saw SAW! Four stars~

THAT was a pretty good movie. I love horror movies and this one was very good. A little gory, but if you remember it's just a movie.....

I saw some others but I can't remember what they are!

-------------

What is it with Depp and the makeup?

He's a fairly decent actor, but the parts that he does with the makeup weird me out.

The 'Mad Hatter' makeup makes me want to pass over THAT movie. I saw pics of that and it didn't make sense at all. It's probably my desire to avoid clowns and stuff like that.

It's not just Depp either, I hated the "Cat in the Hat" and wanted to neuter Mike Myers so he wouldn't make another CITH movie.

--------------

Pollock- Four stars! The story of Jackson Pollock the painter. Ed Harris is a great actor. A good story!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 07-28-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I remembered!

I re-watched a movie I had seen back in the 70's when it came out. Tora! Tora! Tora! is an excellent movie that i recommend. I was very uneasy watching the movie this time because of the US's total ineptness in allowing Japan to sneak up on us and all the missed communications leading up to the attack. It was like Déjà Vu of 911. The thing that bothed me most is to speculate on all the missed queues we will hear about when that next big attack occurs. it will probably be attributable to political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

-------------

What is it with Depp and the makeup?

He's a fairly decent actor, but the parts that he does with the makeup weird me out.

The 'Mad Hatter' makeup makes me want to pass over THAT movie. I saw pics of that and it didn't make sense at all. It's probably my desire to avoid clowns and stuff like that.
    Tim Burton has a lot to do with Johnny Depp and makeup. Burton's movies are really over the top like that, a lot of the time. I'm personally really excited about the latest version of Alice and Wonderland. It's one of my favorite stories and the books are really trippy, so it's one story I don't mind seeing from many perspectives!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I just watched the trailer for the latest Alice in Wonderland, and I can't wait. I'm surprised and super excited that it will be in IMAX and 3D. Whee!!!! Very cool that it actually seems that it's from the perspective of the Mad Hatter. Interesting!

From 1944 - Arsenic and Old Lace. Cary Grant, Edward Everett Horton, Raymond Massey, etc.

This is a very funny movie!

Flyboys i really enjoyed this historical movie about a group of Americans that joined the French Lafayette Escadrille during WW1 before America got involved in the war. i guess you can say they were the Worlds first Fighter pilots.

Coraline.....kinda creepy, but good

The Mission w/my honey Jeremy Irons and Rober DeNiro. DeNiro was miscast. I have difficulty believing him in a role other than a gangster now; too many facial tics. Irons once agains saved the movie. Visually stunning, though, and a true story.
    Blessings,
    Mary