Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Transformers 2, it was a lot of fun! I thought it was just as good as the first one. Lots of Transformers, a little heavy on the language (especially for PG 13) and definitely sensory overload. I still enjoyed it, though! I love Shia.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

On The 70th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's farewell speech at Yankee stadium, I watched the 1942 movie Pride of the Yankee's starring Gary Cooper, Teresa Wright, and Babe Ruth. This historical movie shows Lou's rise as one of baseball's greats through to his farewell speech before his death from ALS. This was an excellent movie that I highly recommend.

And on the 4th of July we watched -

from 1942, Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney.

Love the music and the dancing. Cagney won an Oscar for this role.

Truth be told, George M. Cohan was born on July 3rd, not July 4th. A statue honoring him was unveiled yesterday in Providence, Rhode Island, the city in which he was born.

From 1989-THe Wizard, not a great movie but a good movie about the video game revolution.

Ive gotten alot of great movie reccomendations from this thread and I thank everybody who has participated in it.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

From reccomendations on PT.

Trailer Park Boys the Movie, I liked it cant wait to see the series now.

The History Boys, good movie.

ETA: The Dog Problem, a little messed up but still a good movie.
    Last edited by blue; 07-05-2009 at 08:54 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

watched Hes not that into you, loved the movie, and Marley and Me, i was crying at the end, but not because of Marley, but i had my old Ash with me purring his head off and i was sad thinking that i would have to do the same in the near future,those who have seen the movie will understand,but all in all good chick flick movies.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I wouldnt call Marley and Me a chick flick, it did give me LES however.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Return to Me Is a chick flick that I enjoyed even though I'm not a chick. There was a very sad scene involving a dog that brought tears to my eyes. I find though that I am a sentimental slob when it comes to animals and love lost.

The Wrestler, I think Medusa reccomended this one. Excelent movie. Mickey Rourke at his best.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

hey Blue maybe you are just a bit of a chick at heart, kidding matey,we shall agree to disagree, i still think marley and me is a bit of chick flick, certainly not a macho type movie is it? lol
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Saw the first season of Boston Legal, never watched it on TV. THis show brings the funnay!

Denny Crane FTW!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Saw "Yes Man" yesterday.
    Hubby and I laughed a lot. I really enjoyed it!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I have to ask this....

WTF is up with Slumdog Millionaire and the kids in the movie?

Seems like every other week there is a story about them getting a new house, getting kicked out of one, going to jail or fighting for some thing?

I know the kids were pulled from the slums to act, but didn't they get SOME money? A buck does go a long way in India, so why are these kids still there?

---------------------------------

AVPR Requiem- I love Sci Fi- this movie sucked. Two stars? maybe?

Burn After Reading- Another good movie with a WTF ending! two stars-I loved movies that made you want to discuss them afterwards. I feel cheated when a movie fizzles out at the end.

Two complaints? Why are scary movies so dark that I have to adjust the set to see them?

And why do movies which are very good to begin with, give you an ending that sucks cat hair from the recliner? B after R was a good quirky movie, but what the characters did had no ramifications.

The Doors- I like Val Kilmer. The only thing that was never really explained was the Indian showing up while he was tripping. I get the symbolism, but wanted a little more of a story there. 4 stars.

I am halfway thru "Evolution" with David Duchovny in it-corny sci fi!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The Doors- I like Val Kilmer. The only thing that was never really explained was the Indian showing up while he was tripping. I get the symbolism, but wanted a little more of a story there.
    If you recall, the Native American moved closer to Morrison each time, indicating that death was moving closer to him. Morrison felt that the spirit of a Native American entered his body when they came upon a car accident. So when he was doing his dance on stage, for example, the Indian was there because Morrison was courting death w/drugs.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

This afternoon we saw Public Enemies.

Very enjoyable movie. I'd never seen Johnny Depp before, and he was good. The entire cast was, actually.