Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: has anyone ever shaved their head?

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

has anyone ever shaved their head?

Hey, everyone! I've seriously considered shaving my head. Or doing something extreme to my hair. I am just feeling the need to do something BIG. It could be just a phase, but, I've felt it every so often for years. I just wanted to know if any other ladies in here have ever shaved their heads? I know a few celebrities have, so, I know some women look good with no hair. But, I don't know, just wanted to see.....
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

NOOOO Don't shave your head. You have suck pretty brown hair.
    Maybe a short cut. I've always had long curly hair and got tired of it a few years ago (my hairdresser also burned the crap out of it), so I cut it short. The change was nice.... and I've kept it short because of the heat.... but I miss the long curls that I had. It'll take me a few more years to get it like that again.

I've had my hair short before, and, I've thought about cutting it super short, but, like I said, I'm still thinking....I really want my hair long again, but, it's just not working out for me. I need to get a trim, for sure, though. If I do anything extreme, I'll be sure to take before and after shots.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh DEAR Finns Mom!
    I just noticed what I wrote. I meant "SUCH".
    I'm sure you knew I meant such pretty hair. My hands fly across the keyboard sometimes and I don't re-read.... sorry.

Originally posted by beeniesmom
    Oh DEAR Finns Mom!
    I just noticed what I wrote. I meant "SUCH".
    I'm sure you knew I meant such pretty hair. My hands fly across the keyboard sometimes and I don't re-read.... sorry.
    It's ok, i laughed. it does suck sometimes, though, too. and, thank you.

Well, if you're going to shave your head, why not do it for a good cause! Call your local chapter of the Cancer Society. I'm not sure about the States, but in Canada, they do a fundraising campaign where people shave their heads. You get pledges for shaving your hair off. The money goes to research, the hair goes to make high quality wigs for chemo patients. My husband is going to do it next summer.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Originally posted by Glacier
    Well, if you're going to shave your head, why not do it for a good cause! Call your local chapter of the Cancer Society. I'm not sure about the States, but in Canada, they do a fundraising campaign where people shave their heads. You get pledges for shaving your hair off. The money goes to research, the hair goes to make high quality wigs for chemo patients. My husband is going to do it next summer.
    I've heard of that before, and, thought of doing it for that. I don't know if my hair is really healthy enough to do much with it, or does that not matter too much? I will look into it! I'd have to buy at least one wig, though, if I am still selling insurance, I don't want to scare people.

Oh no , don't shave it all off! I have thought about shaving mine off just to my ears! I have hair down just past my waist but, I hate hair in my face!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I knew a girl that was on the swim team and she shaved it all off and looked really good. I have thought about shaving my head a lot but I am too chicken to do it. It would be neat if you donated your hair and it'll grow back eventually!!!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Originally posted by k9krazee
    I knew a girl that was on the swim team and she shaved it all off and looked really good. I have thought about shaving my head a lot but I am too chicken to do it. It would be neat if you donated your hair and it'll grow back eventually!!!!
    we should all do a pet talk gathering somewhere and shave our heads for the cancer society. how cool would that be?

13 years ago my daughter Amy was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. They removed 75% of it surgically. Because of the chemotherapy, her hair (which prior to the disease was long, blonde and thick!!) fell out in clumps.

In order to make her feel less self-conscious, I had my head shaved. She was absolutely astounded when I walked into her hospital room with no hair. Boy, I saved alot of money on shampoo and conditioner that year!!! (My hair wasn't that long to begin with) I have no regrets doing it either, and would do it in a nano-second.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    13 years ago my daughter Amy was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. They removed 75% of it surgically. Because of the chemotherapy, her hair (which prior to the disease was long, blonde and thick!!) fell out in clumps.

In order to make her feel less self-conscious, I had my head shaved. She was absolutely astounded when I walked into her hospital room with no hair. Boy, I saved alot of money on shampoo and conditioner that year!!! (My hair wasn't that long to begin with) I have no regrets doing it either, and would do it in a nano-second.
    I'm sorry to hear that amy had to go through that. my brother had leukemia when he was a child (5 to 10 years old) and he had no hair for awhile, too. But, that is awesome that you did that for her! If put in that situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat, too.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I like Glacier's suggestion. If you're going to do it, someone might be able to benefit from it.

I used to think about doing it myself when I was much younger, but not anymore. I was mauled by a St. Bernard when I was 12. He basically tried to eat my head. The doctors stopped counting at 300 stitches. Soooooooo, I decided not to shave my head because I didn't want to look at all those scars.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

If I had the right shaped head I'd do it in a heartbeat! I'd love to not have to worry about fixing my hair!
    Can't wait to see what you do

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets