Thread: Animal 1st Aid/CPR class -- Santa Clara county, California

Animal 1st Aid/CPR class -- Santa Clara county, California

Who: Santa Clara county Pet Sitters association sponsored. The trainer is certified, I don't remember which board's certification he has...

What: Pet first aid and CPR class (I believe the focus will be for cats and dogs -- owners and caregivers)

When: Sunday, 3 March (start time not announced yet, training to be roughly 2.5 to 3 hours)

Where: A private home in Fremont, CA. Specifics not yet announced.

Cost: $25/attendee.

My pet sitter alerted me to this opportunity and assures me there are several openings still available. I will update this post as details come in. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

I know this is an international board, but there are a lot of Santa Clara county residents who are members/lurkers here. Provided for your info.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

What a coincidence that you posted this AmberLee! I just enrolled in a Natl. Red Cross 4 hr. certification class in pet emergency treatment, (dogs and cats basically) with an emphasis on CPR! I couldn't believe that not ONE co-worker at the kennel wished to sign on and take the class with me! I feel it should be required training for anyone who works with companion animals. We have numerous small injury emergencies at work: cuts, sprains, paw pad injuries, insect bites, etc. and occasionaly more serious emergencies such as bloat, urinary retention and UTI and some may remember that a couple of months ago we had a cardiac arrest in a small doggie awaiting grooming!! The class description sounds very informative. When it comes to my furkids, I don't feel I can be TOO well informed or armed for action! Thanks for the alert on classes scheduled in your part of the world. I think it's so important!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Pet First Aid & CPR Links...

Pet FIRST AID
    & CPR Links...

Here are some links to the American Red Cross

Pet FIRST AID Course (Classes)

Red Cross First Aid Course: this link is to the American Red Cross National Web Site. At the BOTTOM of the page is a click link (NOT underlined, but it does click) "Chapters Offering Pet First Aid" that brings up a page of Local Chapters all over the US that teach the First Aid Course. It's a 3-4 hour course that costs about $20 at most chapters. Our Chapter has taught this course to some Police Department K-9 Officers.

Red Cross "Pet First Aid" BOOK

Red Cross BOOK REVIEW @ About.com: Reviews the "Pet First Aid" book and gives a click link to order it ($12.95 +$2 S&H) from the Baltimore Red Cross. You should also check your Local RC Chapter - they might have it in stock without the S&H charge. About.com gives it a *Rave* review!

You can also view Sandra's previous post at:
    "Animal CPR" in Dog General for some CPR Tips and related links.

I think I'll ask the FurKids to sign me up for the class and get me the book for my B-day or Dad's Day .
    Last edited by Phred; 02-18-2002 at 06:37 PM.
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

This is all great stuff to know. Amberlee, I'm definitely going with ya!