Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Cat Toy!!

The Perfect Cat Toy!!

Hi guys,

I have found the perfect cat toy at the store last night. It is kind of pricey like $4.99, but it hooks to the top of the door and hangs on a string and a mouse is attached to the bottom. My little Yum Yum loves it!! She will pull and play at it and then it bounces back. It is something you can entertain them with without you having to hold a pole or something.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

I had something very similar for Trevor when he was a kitten. He loved it. In fact, somewhere I have a picture of him playing with it. Unfortunately, as with lots of his toys, they eventually bit the dust.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    When I had kittens many years ago, I made something similar myself with a toy mouse. Many hours or fun for them, until they 'outgrew' their love for this toy.

I just bougt my Tinky one of those toys, it was a get well present for her when she was spayed. We only could bring it out a few days ago though, I wanted to have her stitches out first. SHE LOVES THIS TOY!!!!!!! I found it at walmart and would recommend it for anybody! Actually I brought it to work yesterday to show my coworker and he is going to buy one for his two cats.

Well I am just tryin to see if I can post a pic from this new netsnapshots place....if it works, this is a pic of Tinky playin with the toy i was talkin about in the thread above.....

oh goody i think it worked, i have more of her playin with this toy and they are FUNNY but i gotta go to bed now I will try and post them tomorrow.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Ohhhh I may have to get one of those for my Marius. He seems to like just about anything with 'dangly-dos', as I call them LOL

I picked up a really cheap toy at a pet show I attended in Jan, and he just loves it! It would be very simple to make. It's just a wooden dowel rod with tinfoil (icicles like you put on a tree at Christmas) strips glued on the end! Here is a picture of him pawing at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh Marius is such a pretty cat. LOL are his toenails painted LOL
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Former User Guest
    Kitty says Marius is sucj a handsome fellow, but she won't go after him since he's taken

C & K - tell Kitty not to let that stop her, you know how men are oops I didn't say that and by the way I think Marius has those soft paws on - I really need to get some for Panda, she's tearing up all my new furniture

Hey Purrley,

Try getting another cat that is older than your cat. We did that when Yum Yum was little and she learned from her sister that it was a no no to scratch on the furniture. Or either a cat tree..they love scratching on that.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

or

http://community.webshots.com/user/ppeirce

I got a cat tree, got a cat condo, got all kinds of cat scratching items. I think Panda must like the smell of the new furniture or something - can't say I haven't thought about de-clawing, but I won't - I think the soft paws would work really well

Kitty, I'm flattered!!! You're such a sweet doll! I'm sending lots of purrs your way. Psst...didja know there is a mighty fine looking cat named Andy seeking a precious doll like you??!! He looks a lot like me. In fact...we may be long lost brothers! I could drop him a little hint, hint for you.... BTW, your pics are very very nice. Especially those arty black and white ones. Has a model scout seen them yet???! Check this out too!
    http://catkittenactingmodeling.tv/
    purrs
    Marius

purrley, I think the soft paws caps could be an option for you. How well does Panda take to you handling her paws?? That would be the only issue. If she doesn't mind her paws being handled...definitely give them a try! I love 'em! They really work great! Good luck!
    If you need any tips, let me know!
    **hugs**
    Karen
    Last edited by wolflady; 03-21-2002 at 04:16 PM.

13. GASP!!!!!!!!

Oh Kitty !

Oh Marius !

I can see I'll need to keep an eye on you two......

A cosmopolitan kitty from Cali and a Belgium beauty with sexy whiskers.

How can I compete???

Not to worry, Edwina. You have a solid Midwestern upbringing and your bonnet, your bonnet is the clincher. Don't I remember Marius crooning about how lovely you are in your bonnet?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh yes, my dearest catnip Blossom!!! Never fear! I was thinking I could help my long lost brother (Andy) out with Kitty if she approves. He's confided in me his desire to find a sweet kitty like you, so I thought I could help him out in getting Kitty's attention. I think Kitty would be a good choice for him, don't you??!! Now, maybe you and I could get them two together and the 4 of us could rendevous.......purrrrrrrssssss
    =^..^=
    P.S. Tubby's mom is right....I Ooh la la over that adorable Spring bonnet