Thread: Junk yard dog....err....I mean cat!

Junk yard dog....err....I mean cat!

And actually it was the yard of a car towing business, not a junk yard....

The place where we went to hopefully get the motorhome fixed was just one big gravel parking lot. Terry and some of the towing guys were trying to find the leak in the motorhome when what appears but an adorable little orange and white kitty! I said forget the leak, who's this little sweety? He let me pet him and was rubbing on me and meowing at me for more when I stopped. I was worried about him so I asked the guys and they said that he was their pet - meaning he hung around the shop and they took care of him. I could tell that they did because he was fixed so I was still worried with all the tow trucks coming and going, but he seemed right at home and he was neutered and seemed completely healthy, so I had to stop worrying about his environment.

The next morning while we were still trying to find the elusive leak, a different orangie showed up! He was a little more shy than the one the night before but he did warm up to me and at one point even climbed in my lap! Found out his name was Garfield, and since things were a little less stressful than the night before, I got my camera out and snapped a picture of him. He was happy to sit and pose for me. Garfield was also neutered, but he had some sticky burrs all over him. I helped him pick a few of them off, but he didn't seem to like my help so I stopped.

Anyway, here's Fister's American cousin, Garfield.

The orange and white little guy made an appearance in the morning, but he must have had business to attend to because he skittered away before I could get a picture of him.

Adorable kitties, and they provided some much needed stress relief for me - and they also eased my withdrawal symptoms from being away from P & CJ all weekend.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    He's gorgeous! Are his eyes green?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

He's so handsome. I'm glad that he and the other orangie helped relieve some of your stress.

Every mechanic needs a good cat....or two.....

I love kitties who run their own business. I am sure they keep those mechanics at work

Originally posted by finn's mom
    He's gorgeous! Are his eyes green?
    I honestly don't remember. I do remember he was a real cutie pie and just loved the attention he was getting.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    I honestly don't remember. I do remember he was a real cutie pie and just loved the attention he was getting.
    He looks like a sweetie.... His eyes just look green in that pic, but, sometimes photos don't really show the actual color, and, the angle has a lot to do with it, too. I love cats, I miss having one!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

What a lovely little guy! How nice you had a kitty companion during your wait!

Thanks for sharing him with us!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

What a lovely orangie!! I am glad that those guys are really taking good care of him!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

What a cool kat!

THAT IS WONDERFUL,THAT THOSE TWO ORANGIES,ARE DOING SO WELL,IN THAT SHOP,AND I WOULD BE,THAT THEY HAVE BECOME ACCUSTOMED,TO THE CARS,AND TOW TRUCKS,AND THEY DODGE THEM,BY SECOND NATURE,NOW!
    I LOVE,THAT CAT,WITH,THE WHITE SPARKLED,THROUGH,THAT ORANGE FUR.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I think you're right, Gary. They had no problem with the trucks coming and going while they stood near the shop. However, when we started up the motorhome they ran for cover so they do know what to look out for. Hopefully they will never be caught off guard though......
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Debbie, what a special boy you got to meet there. His colourings are really nice! Of course he chose your lap - they know a sucker when they see one. Fister is most honoured to have such a gorgeous cousin in USA!

Hope they'll both be careful around the cars!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.