Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More pics from our walk today..

More pics from our walk today..

I posted some in the "smell the roses" thread, but I took alot of pictures this afternoon!

"we're coming, Mom" (Paxil, Chum & Ozzy) "Put the leashes away!"

Ozzy the happy!

Chum trying to catch Ozzy. It worked out really well to take those two with the two older females. They entertained each other and left Sleet and Paxil alone!

Stopping to check out a puddle. Sleet refused to go in. Mud does not touch her pretty paws!

Ozzy won't swim, but he tries to walk on water.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Sleet running as fast as she can. Oh, she's getting slow, but she tries as hard as she can.

More of Sleet. I don't have words for how much I love this little dog. She's my canine soulmate.

Heading for home. It's a little smokey out today. There are some big fires in Alaska right now. I think that's where the smoke is coming from as the forest fire season right around here has been pretty quiet.

One last one of Paxil. She is so happy when she gets to run loose.

That's all...........
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

3. Ozzys long legs made me he looks like hes part deer or something in that one shot. LOL

your crew always looks happy.

gorgeous pictures!

how do you keep up with your dogs? I suppose they walk ahead and then run back to you.

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Look at these legs!!!!

My gosh, they go on and on...Great pics of your pups. Always looking so happy out and about. And the scenery is breath taking too.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I wish I lived somewhere where mine could go for walks off leash -your crew always look so happy! Do you think they stick together because they're used to pulling together?

Wonderful pics. Your bunch always seem so happy. Isn't it great to have somewhere to let them roam free, well, almost free. Ya gotta have borders.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

AW

Your dogs are so cute. How many do you have?
    -Connie-

What beautiful photos. Have you ever come across wildlife when you walk your dogs? What's that paved road? Is it busy? You're so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Originally posted by elizabethann
    What beautiful photos. Have you ever come across wildlife when you walk your dogs?

That's what I was going to ask also. I love these pictures.
    It makes me happy to see all your dogs just being themselves.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

11. The pups look so happy! Sleet is such a pretty lady, I love her ears, I don't know why

Ozzy looks like he is trying to impress somebody, he must think the world is a perfect place, we need more of those around I love the shot of him try to be Jesus, and of course the "legs" shot, lol!

Great pictures!

Originally posted by vinjashira

how do you keep up with your dogs? I suppose they walk ahead and then run back to you.
    I don't even try to keep up when I'm walking. I can keep up when I ride my bike. I keep them in sight and call them back frequently. They run at least twice as far as I walk.
    --John Irving

Originally posted by cyber-sibes
    Do you think they stick together because they're used to pulling together?
    I think it's mainly a pack thing. They stay with their buddies. A couple years ago we had a major escape--tree took out the fence. Even the dogs who aren't allowed off leash got out. When we found them, they had split into little groups. Everyone went with their best buddies.
    --John Irving

Re: AW

Originally posted by cradams
    Your dogs are so cute. How many do you have?
    22!
    --John Irving

Originally posted by elizabethann
    Have you ever come across wildlife when you walk your dogs?
    We see critters quite often. It's been awhile since we saw a porcupine--knock on wood! We see lots of squirrels, grouse, ptramigan, and water birds. Occasionally we run into a moose. Moose tend to move more when it's cooler so we usually only see them when I'm out later in the evenings. Don't like Moose and moose don't like dogs. Fortunately, the dogs seem to know that and all come back to me. Except Muskwa, but you'll notice he's not in the off leash pics very often! We've had a couple bear encounters, but never any trouble with the bears.

What's that paved road? Is it busy?
    That's our subdivision road. It's not really paved. They dumped some tar on top of the gravel and call it "chipsealed"! It's not busy at all. I have to cross it once to get to the lake and again on the way home. I rarely have to wait for a car. The dogs all stop at the road. I always stop the sled there to check for traffic so they are used to stopping before crossing.
    --John Irving