Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Johnny Depp

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by Sassy_luvr
    For her birtthday I am getting her Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (movie w/ JD)
    Do you already know when it's going to be on DVD? Cuz I'll be first in line to get one. I am planning to see it the day it comes out in the theater...Or are you talking about getting her the book?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by finn's mom
    Gotcha, I'll probably love it, then. I loved Dead Man, and, it's so artsy, and, so slow. There's only a handful of people I know that have watched it all the way through.
    For some reason, 'Dead Man' and 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas' haven't been released on DVD over here. I have put them on my reserve list for when they do.

I got and watched 'Chocolat' today and (because I upgraded to the 2 disc option ) 'Donnie Brasco' is on the way. Looking forward to watching that one, I really like Al Pacino.

I loved Chocolat, it was an awesome movie, did you enjoy it?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by ChrisH
    For some reason, 'Dead Man' and 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas' haven't been released on DVD over here. I have put them on my reserve list for when they do.

I got and watched 'Chocolat' today and (because I upgraded to the 2 disc option ) 'Donnie Brasco' is on the way. Looking forward to watching that one, I really like Al Pacino.
    Oh, all of those you mentioned are good movies! Let me know what you think of Donnie Brasco.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I love mysterious men! Still water runs deep.

I've been Boooo'd!

Originally posted by carole
    I loved Chocolat, it was an awesome movie, did you enjoy it?
    Yes, I thought it was a delightful film.
    ... Let me know what you think of Donnie Brasco.
    Good film. Al Pacino is ... well, Al Pacino! He is just wonderful as Lefty, and the relationship between his character and Johnny's - an equally wonderful performance as Joe - makes it into a whole lot more than just another gangster movie. I may even watch it again today.

Originally posted by ChrisH
    makes it into a whole lot more than just another gangster movie.
    That's what I thought when I watched Donnie Brasco, too. I'm getting really excited about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it is out this Friday!!!! I saw a bit of an interview with Johnny Depp and he was saying that all of the stuff you'll see is actually there, like the chocolate river and everything. He said walking on the set was like walking into something historic....important. The set looked amazing! Lush and colorful, man, I would really love to be a part of a film like that! Even just a gopher. I am already excited about seeing what special features the dvd will have.

That's what I thought when I watched Donnie Brasco, too. I'm getting really excited about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it is out this Friday!!!! I saw a bit of an interview with Johnny Depp and he was saying that all of the stuff you'll see is actually there, like the chocolate river and everything. He said walking on the set was like walking into something historic....important. The set looked amazing! Lush and colorful, man, I would really love to be a part of a film like that! Even just a gopher. I am already excited about seeing what special features the dvd will have.
    This link is to a piece about the premiere and a click-through to see some clips

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4670153.stm

The two JD movies I have watched this week were so different to each other, 'Don Jaun De Marco' and 'The Brave'. I can recommend both, whether you are a fan of JD or not.
    I just loved 'Don Juan', funny and romantic. And, even though I am not a great fan of his, I have to say Marlon Brando played his role really well.
    'The Brave', the subject matter is sombre but don't let that put you off. Basically it is a story of love and what the man is willing to do for love of his family. It is long too, over two hours, but it didn't flag, at least not for me. An excellent film.

Chris

Add me to the list

Of course I watched Dead Man as Jim Jarmusch is one of my favorite directors but it's not my favorite JJ movie