Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firework season

Firework season

Fireworks time again. I'm wishing everybody and their pets a safe fireworks season. Somebody is doing them outside and Autumn is barking to get out in the action. Anybody find this time of year as much a pain as I do because of the fireworks?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Niki, Bozy and Cody dont mind fireworks at all so I had no worries in the past. Buddy was not with us last year and I found out a couple of weeks ago that he is terrified of fireworks. So poor Buddy will have to be confined to my bathroom all by himself on the 4th.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I don't know that Finn has ever heard them before. I took my dog, Bruno, to a show once, and, he hated it. We were there about five seconds. There was a couple there with a tiny baby, I felt horrible for the child. It's got to just kill their ears! I wish everyone to be safe during this time of year, too! Good thread to start!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hate firework season Jenny, Buster, and Ginger are besides themselves when it is firework season, I just cannot wait until it's over with!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I was just talking to my husband about this before I got on here! My sister invited us to a cookout and fire on July 2nd. I told him, yea, like we could leave our babies here alone! Not where we live! They'll be carrying on all weekend! They dogs aren't too afraid of the noise although they do bark. My one cat Sassy is terrified of loud noises and I would never leave her in the evening around the 4th! I'll never understand why someone would set off firecrackers non stop for hours, just to hear all that noise
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I love to watch fireworks. MAXIMUS goes nuts. He barks on and on while running everywhere. Pressley had the strings you pull apart and MAXIMUS tried to bite it. Is he afraid they are going to hurt us, or is he just afraid? I still haven't figured it out. I want him to be involved and go with us to do our own little bit. But, I don't want him scared either. And we can't leave him home alone to deal with it either. I think we are going up on the mountain and watch the shows in town to see the big ones.

Yes..... It is a real pain.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

It's not the fireworks or even some of the whistling rockets that seem to be the problem, at least not for us, it's more the firecrackers with that constant banging. But all in all, the constant noise combined, does get on the dogs nerves.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hmm, I know it can be hard with some puppers, but Niño is cool, he is just the way chilled out doggie that he *sometimes* can be! We can see the 'works right up close from our sidewalk, even some from other towns, and Niño's always been perfectly fine. However, I do know many dogs can act up, so I too would like to wish luck to any dog parents who's furbabies don't like fireworks.

Niño & Eliza

Oggy & Flute are reall good with fire works, but we haven't had Possum go through a loud display yet. Hopefully she will be OK with it.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

One of the nice things about the sun never setting is that no one sets off fireworks. You can't see them anyway so no one bothers!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Re: Firework season

Originally posted by IRescue452
    Anybody find this time of year as much a pain as I do because of the fireworks?
    I do. The dogs hate them, the cats hate them and I worry about idiots burning the house down. I hate this time of year.

I'm lucky, Snowy is not scared of fireworks.

I take Snowy upstair and put her near the window so she can see the fireworks. She is not pleased/scared.. in fact not really bothered

She doesn't mind thunder either.. she can sleep through a thunder storm.

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

My two dogs, Sandi and Oreo, are TERRIFIED of firecrackers. I have to give them mild tranquilizers every day during the fireworks open season, to help keep them calm and to keep them from being so frightened. We absolutely HATE this time of the year!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

All three are terrified.
    Nala gets sick when she gets scared sometimes.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Snowy freaks out at any loud noise. She wedges herself in the tiniest space that she can fit in. (she has gotten herself stuck before, it took an hour to get her out!)

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3