Thread: A beautiful Ragdoll Cat for adoption....

A beautiful Ragdoll Cat for adoption....

My beautiful ragdoll Angel is 4 1/2 years old. It breaks my heart to have to find a home for her, but she needs to be in a home that has no other pets, as she is having severe anxiety and territorial issues. I just went through a divorce and had to take the dog, and another cat. She did not have these issues when she was the only cat and she has nothing wrong with her physically. She is chatty, sweet and loves attention, not to mention that she is beautiful, will follow you around the house and greet you at the door.
    She is not declawed but uses a scratching post. She is an indoor cat.
    I would like to adopt her out to a nice home, someone with good vet references, and am charging 30 dollars for an adoption fee.
    Thank you

Can you find a no kill shelter/rescue group in your area to help place her? They would be able to "advertise" her on Petfinder.com to reach more people in your area looking for such a cat.

Hi and welcome to PT. She sounds wonderful and I sure hope that she'll find just the right forever loving home. I know it's hard having to rehome her but it will be for the best. I recently had to rehome one of my cats and I know he'll be much happier as an only cat. Good luck.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU & YOUR FURRY FRIEND!!
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

My advice - medication from the VET

Hi and welcome to PT.

Rather than give the cat away, you may want to ask your vet for some mediation to keep the cat calm. It often gives them the time to relax and become accustomed to their new home. Some people do not feel comfortable doing the medication thing, but it has worked for my household in the past. And then, it didn't work for another time.......

Good luck.

By the way, new homes are sometimes the only answer. I have re-homed a cat and boy is everyone happy now. You need to find JUST the right home though........

SAS

Thank you!
    I am going through a divorce and my ex is being hellish towards me, telling me to get the (insert curse here) cat out of the house. I am going to pick her up tomorrow and then just continue to try to find her a home.
    I have tried medication wtih her, it didn't work. My ex is trying to make me feel bad by telling me that I am abandoning the cat if I give her up (even to a good home).
    The whole thing has just been a complete nightmare. I don't want to give this cat up.
    Thanks for listening.

Remember, alot of the time, people get irrate at us for things that they are in fact seeing as a mirror of themselves.

Don't take it on board. You do what you honestly feel is right for the furrball.
    ~Only love heals~

Here's a link for a Ragdoll Rescue organization.

http://www.freewebs.com/ragdollrescue/

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!