Thread: I Love My Job, I Love My Job!!!!

I Love My Job, I Love My Job!!!!

Think you had a bad day at the office? Read on.

Subject: I love my job, I love my job, I love my job!!!!!

This is even funnier when you realize it's real! The next time you have a bad day at work ... think of this guy

Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs.

Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radio station 103.2 on FM dial in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, who was sponsoring a worst job experience contest.

Needless to say, SHE won!

Hi Sue:

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all. Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job.

As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wet suit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wet suit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack of my butt.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers, were all laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for two days because my butt was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

That's absolutely super!!! Thanks for cheering us all up! That really made our day!!!
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

Gloucestershire but originally from Scotland!
    OMG!!! that is so funny but wow what a thing to happen!!!!

LMBO hehe! I will never complain about work again!

Gee if my brother ever shared like that mmmm a little too much info. But I am printing that out for the complainers at work.

That poor guy, but so funny!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

My husband (then boyfriend) sent this to me a couple years ago after he called me in hysterics. It takes a LOT to get him to laugh like that so I knew it was good. I've been trying to find it ever since then but was unable to - thank you SO MUCH for posting this! Good memories... and I may have to send it to my husband for old times' sake!!

Last edited by Oggyflute; 06-22-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

9. Awww. poor guy

but that is funny...LOL

Lol

That is quite hilarious.. LOL
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

OMG! That was just too durn funny! Thanks for the laugh this afternoon!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I've read that or heard that somewhere before, but, it never ceases to make me laugh. What a great story for that guy to tell for a long time to come!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer