Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Bed

Dog Bed

Do you all find one kind of dog bed better then the next? I need something that I can wash in the washer once in a while. Any tips on a good bed for Holly.
    Rest in peace Princess Holly Bear...

Re: Dog Bed

Originally posted by Chris J
    Any tips on a good bed for Holly.
    How about a King Size Sleigh bed, satin sheets, and dog biscuits on the pillows?

Welllll.......she is kinda small...a QUEEN size might work just as well.

I have a pretty nice bed that the dogs love. Its just a foam thing with a cover over it that I can take off and wash every so often. I got it at PetSmart.

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Louie agrees with Zippy-Cat.... KING -Size bed. I'm shure Holly would let you share .. Louie sometimes doesn't though

ChrisJ, here's one that I have seen on an international pet magazine, i dunno what its made of coz i lost the mag already (i just scanned the pic because of the yellow lab!). but as i can remember, it came in three sizes, S, M & L. The medium might be good for Holly.

~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

I can fit two Goldens, one cat, and two humans in a King Size bed real nice. I just use sheets (180 - 220 thread count does fine) and throw them in the wash every week or two. Dogs love it!!!!! Humans do too!!!!!

Aly it looks like Reece finds that bed so comfortable that he is yawning! Guess he was out like a light right after you took that picture! As you know, I have the exact same bed
    but Bella outgrew it so Andy has taken it over as an official daytime catnap cat bed! Bella sleeps with her humans now. I think a trip to your local PetsMart or even a glance through some of the pet mail order catalogs will turn up some really nice dog beds. Even L.L. Bean has a nice selection. If all else fails, just make room in the Big Bed like so many of us do!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My dog has a bed similar to the others here - with the sort of wall around the sides and back. I think she likes having that wall. It is very important that the bed part be as thick and cushiony as possible, that bed with the golden lab looks great! As far as washability the more comfortable beds would be hard to wash. I would suggest getting a blanket, matching size and color, to place over the bed that could easily be washed.

Of course when it comes to nighttime my dog is in my bed - I can't wait til I get a place that's big enough for a king size bed!!!

That looks like a good one ellensy.

Holly really doesn't care for sleeping on my bed, but when I'm not home that's another story.

The Drs. Foster and Smith Catalog has such a huge variety of dog beds in it with a numerous types of cushions and covers that it is hard to choose. They have a website as well, but I would suggest getting their catalog. Petsmart seems to be a little pricey and if you are lucky and careful in choosing you can find some very nice ones at Target and K-Mart in thier Pet sections. You'd want to make sure you can get one with a removable cover. It is rare to find one where the innards are washable, but I do know that some in L.L. Bean have a cover on the stuffing part is liquid repelling.

I have gotten breezy beds and all that, but she seems to like a plain old pillow and a blankie better than anything! Maybe that would work! Have you tried it? I will send some pictures of Breezy on her "bed"

Just bought a nice one online. Hope Holly likes it.

Simba has one like ellensy posted. He doesnt sleep in it, its more of a time out place... he sleeps with me or he sleeps in my daddy's lazy boy chair

I got the one I used for Shaianne at Walmart. I had to replace the zipper in it b/c she chewed it and fix the edge of it b/c she chewed it also. I had it out for Keegan but she chewed it so I put it away behind the couch until she is bigger to appreciate it, now Kylie likes to hide under it!
    It is just an egg carton foam mattress with a fleece materieal and a canvas material over it. Shaianne loved it. I got an egg carton from the hospital where I work, b/c when the patients are done with them they have to pitch them, to use when this one wears out. Then I will buy some material to have it covered. The egg carton mattress is good for older dogs. Mine is actually an orthopedic bed, so it will be good for goldens.

Candy, I didn't know you had a cat?! Tell me kore tell me more! Pam I love the picture of Bella, she looks adorable!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Of all of Graham's many beds (total of 4) this is his favorite one, he LOVES to nest, the flat beds aren't his favorite.

Everyone's pets are PRECIOUS! I actually looked at that snuggle ball bed (the one with the sharpae pup in it) but I don't know that Graham would like it since he's such a nester. I don't know if it's "nestable" for his liking. I think it looks HEAVENLY though I wish I could sleep in that snuggle ball