Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest Thing

Weirdest Thing

One of our recent rescued kittens uses the litterbox in the oddest way. She actually stands on her hind legs in the litterbox and eliminates both ways. Maybe she's a good candidate for toilet training! haha

Just maybe a good candidate for tiolet training............or she was watching the squirrels 'do their duties' a lot before you rescued her.

My kitty, Deja, also stands up to urinate. She walks into the box, puts her back end to the opening(covered box) stands up and Pees out onto the floor. I bought the biggest box and that helped but not "Deja proof"
    Every cat has their own thing when it comes to going to the bathroom. I just try to accommodate.
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/1/13/54/49111354iHNAro_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/8/46/91/43784691yYbdLa_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/3/35/45/35133545JzgZpz_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/3/49/42/35134942dLtPer_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/1/38/43/49113843irMBnj_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/1/0/60/49110060ASuUAj_th.jpg

Former User Guest
    Never really paid any attention how Kitty does her business, maybe I should have a peek next time... Casper has a habit of standing on the litterbox door and looking at us while...you know... he looks SO funny!!!

Never really paid any attention either...

HOWEVER....when Tinker has to poop, she gets soooooo cranky! lol She follows us around and fusses & fusses...Sometimes you just wanna say "Geez, you Crabby-Tabby! GO already!" lol She also doesn't like you to watch her. (Can't say I blame here there!)

Clarice (aka Big Momma) sneeks in to the litterbox room & goes quietly about her "bizniz"...wish her daughter would've picked that up! lol

(Tink's not really a tabby but it's hard to rhyme something with ragdoll/siamese/himalayan cross lol)

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Eddy has her head sticking out and looks as if in trance or something.

Rudie is a different story. He goes to the box at 5am, starts digging around very noisily so that we wake up (even though the boxes are in the basement), does what he has to do, and starts diggin again. All this takes about 30 minutes until we're all wide awake...

Noah sticks his head out of the hole too (covered litterbox). It's the funniest thing seeing him doing that!! I feel like I'm intruding if I look in his direction.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    Me too Kelly, when Casper is doing his stuff there, I always try to look somewhere else, although sometimes I just have to look because he looks so funny! I swear then he has this look at his face "mommy, do you mind!!!!!!!"

We have a covered litter box too. The cats didn't like it covered at first.

Our Jackson sticks his head out while he goes, but I don't think he makes faces while doing his business.

For Rosie, she goes into the box head first.

The litter box is plastic, and Twidgit sounds like she is scratching a hole in the side, she actually scratches the litter very little.

I think its Ashton that sometimes does not cover his deposits at all.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

OK, now that we're on the subject, do your cats go pee ON the actual box. Like, do they scratch the litter away and pee on the plastic? Noah does that and I think Noel is following his lead. It is terrible, the entire sides of the box bottom have "clay"! It is really hard to clean!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    Kelly, ours have scratched one corner of the litterbox really badly, deep scratches there, and no fun to clean THey punch all the litter to the left back corner, huge mountain there and no litter on the rest of the box. Then when they go there next time, first they have to spread the litter to be able to do their business

I just had to share this story, because it fits with this topic!!! My friend has a cutie patootie grey cat named Sage. Now, my friend is always telling me such funny things that this cat does and I've told her to come here and tell all of you some of these things but she just hasn't had the time yet. So...annnnnyway...she told me about how her cat doesn't like to get her feet dirty in the litter box. So, one time, she walked in on the cat doing her business (the litter box is appropriately placed in the bathroom hehehehehe) and what she saw was priceless. Sage had somehow managed to get her massive body balanced on the edges of the litter box (2 feet on each side) while straddling over it to potty!! She said the look on Sage's face when she walked in was like that of pure guilt. How funny is that?? LOL LOL I was laughing so hard I thought I'd burst when she told me the story. Of course she can tell it better than I can...hehehehehe

Another funny story about her cat Sage:
    My friend was watching TV one night and all was calm, when suddenly, her cat Sage realized at the last minute that she had to do a number 2, so all of a sudden...Sage went streaking out of the room making a beeline for the bathroom...but she didn't quite make it as she left a few little turdletts in her wake......

Both of my male cats have the tendency to stick they're butts as far up as they can in the back corner of the litter box. What's that all about?? I had to get the covered boxes for the fact that if they stick their butts back there too high...they would squirt over the edge!!

Former User Guest
    LOL Karen great stories! Cats sure are a bunch of fun!

Karen, when Trevor was a little kitten he used to sit on the edge of the litter box to do his business. It was a sight to see with all four paws along one edge. As he grew older and bigger he would try it and the box would tip and all of the litter would spill out on the floor! Eventually he realized that he had to give up his "perch" and actually stand in the box like everybody else! Silly boy!

That Trevor is such a silly boy!!! I agree with Casper & Kitty's mum....cats are so much fun!!! Their antics are priceless...

Tonight, I had my mom and dad over for dinner and they actually got to see how my Marius acts with shoes! I've told my mom and dad how my Marius has a foot fetish, and I think they must have taken me for a little looney, because they just couldn't believe it tonight when they were leaving! My marius was laying on/in some shoes that were lying on the floor in front of the door. He was just rubing his face all over them, sticking his face in them, and hugging them like a pillow. I swear my mom and dad stood there and laughed at my poor kitty for a good 5 minutes! They just couldn't believe his obsession with the shoes! LOL LOL