Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers...I need something... :(

Kelly, because my friend has the same problem I can fully understand what happens to you.

He and his wife stayed with me for about a week and he could only be "up" and around for a few hours. Then he would just have to lay down.

A funny story about that. I gave them my bedroom. I usually don't do that - but knowing his condition, I just wanted him to be very comfortable and have some privacy.

This was before Annie and Emma moved in with me too.

He closed both doors to my bedroom and went to bed. What neither of us knew is that he had closed Rascal in the room with him.

Rascal, sensing something wasn't right and he might need
    some comforting - came out from under the bed and jumped right on his stomach. It scared the daylights out of him. He "wasn't"
    particularly fond of cats - but just could not resist the charms of Rascal.

Now - whenever I talk to them - they always ask about Rascal his personal nurse.

I just pray that you can communicate all that you go through to your boss and that she will understand and make some allowances for you.

I will pray that all will work out for you.

Big hugs to you in the meantime.................Gini

Best thoughts and wishes to you Kelly. Hang in there mate, listen to the good people on here, they have good advice.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Kelly,

You are in my thoughts sweetie, as always

*HUGS*

Naomi

Thinking about you and sending big hugs!

{{{KELLY}}}

Robin

I'm so sorry to hear of all this happening. My prayers are with you.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Kelly you will be in my prayers. I can't imagine the mental pressure you must be feeling right now in addition to the physical pain. The others have given you some good advice and I will be following this to see how it goes. (((hugs))) My boss let one of my co-workers "go" several years ago. She was asthmatic and missed a lot of work. She had threatened to sue but never followed up. I now have a co-worker who suffers from lupus and also misses quite a bit of time (on top of that she had a double mastectomy in 2001) and the boss has already spoken to her about her absences. It is a horrible situation to be in when your mind and heart are willing to work and your body is not. As Logan said, please do not give up on God or let this shake your faith. I know that sometimes He appears far away but He is with us in the midst of our darkest times. (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry about this. The last thing you need is your boss all in your face about your illness. The other folks have provided advice; I'll provide some prayers and cyber {{hugz}} and remote control head bumpies from my kitties.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Kelly,

Is there anyway you can go on long term disability?? When I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown after my Dad passed away, I went on disability from work, on the orders of my doctor. He told me it was that or get put in a hopsital. Your employer is required by law to hold your job for a certain period of time. When you return, they have to find you a job that is equal in pay and responsibilities.

The law, from what I understand, says that employers are required by law to make "accommodations" for people with certain limitations (your Crohn's disease is a limitation and/or disability; mine was my depression).

I'd call a labor lawyer. I'd ALSO let Human Resources at work know exactly what your boss said, and document every single word of it.

There are laws that protect people with "limitations" (I hate calling them disabilities) and you definitely fit into that category.

I know how difficult this has been for you, honey. And I understand your frustration, as I've been there. Hang in there. It'll all work out in the end. I'll call you tonight!

LOVE AND (((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kelly I'm really sorry to hear about this and really hope there is something you can do.

{{{HUGS}}} & Prayers
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

From an employer's view

Although I am not an owner, I am responsible for the hiring and firing of the staff here at our medium sized law firm in Vermont.

It is difficult, if not impossible, to run a business, not knowing who will be in to work. It is nothing personal. Employers do not hire based on employees' needs but on their needs to keep everyone paid and keep the business running.

My take on special needs:

Find a job that is flexible (work at home or odd hours) and that job might just be a part-time job, or two part-time jobs, allowing you time to relax between situations and appointments to the Dr.

Apply for some sort of assistance either with social security or the insurance coverage at work, assuming you qualify.

The topic is a sensitive one and yes, employers have an obligation to employees with special needs, but each situation is specific and not knowing your needs and entire story, it would be hard to say who owes whom an explanation.

Kelly, I feel sorry for you and if you can, sit down with your employer and brain storm about how you can work with them/him/her and still keep your job. Honesty is usually the best policy unless you are working for the wrong place to begin with.

Good luck.

SAS
    Last edited by sasvermont; 06-16-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Great advice, SAS!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hope you are at work today & having a good talk with your
    boss about this problem. I had a series of medical problems
    that lasted six months and also threatened my job.(I was buying
    my house at the time) I won't go into details right now, as you may have already worked this out with your employer. I really
    hope so, You certainly don't need more stress right now. I do
    however agree with SAS's comments and hope & pray you can
    get this situation worked out fairly. Best of luck with this. Liz.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey guys,

I'm at work and wanted to check in real quick before I get busy.

My boss is out ill today....ironic, huh? OK, I'm back...she's sick like, every other week! She works with children and thus, catches all their colds. You'd think she be a little more understanding. Oh well...that's not productive or nice...so nevermind.

My guess is I wont see or talk to her today, so I'll try tomorrow. I got in early and am feeling a lot better today.

I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for the support and advice. Its all good!

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Footprints in the Sand
    by Mary Stevenson

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
    walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
    sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
    noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
    belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
    the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
    looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
    noticed that many times along the path of his life
    there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
    that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
    times in his life. This really bothered him and he
    questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
    once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
    the way. But I have noticed that during the most
    troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
    of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
    you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
    "My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
    never leave you. During your times of trial and
    suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
    was then that I Carried You."

I know it's hard but try to remember this lovie.....
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hi Noah's Mommy,
    I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening to you. I hope your boss is sitting at home sick today, realizing how unfair she was to you yesterday.
    When I still worked at my last job, I remember one time I caught a nasty little stomach bug and absolutely had to call in sick. Well, my boss called me back and told me that they were busy and short-staffed and I had to come in. "Pick yourself up and come in" were her exact words. I was floored. Meanwhile, she used to call in all the time, claiming that she had "stress". How do you like that?

I'm sending positive thoughts your way and hoping she realizes she's wrong.

{{{hugs}}}

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!