Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you respond to.........

I think it depends on the content. If its just a FW emial that's going to a lot, I don't respond unless I really liked it.

But, if its news...I'll always respond.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I do respond to PM's unless there is nothing I have to say
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

OMG... same thing just happend to me! A month or so ago, my cat rescue got an urgent SOS from a local dog rescue. Apparently a Greyhound racetrack a few hours from here was closing down and they had to find either permanent or foster homes for 70+ Greyhounds immediately or they'd die. Well, my brother and his wife adopted two rescued Greyhounds and sing hte praises of Grayhound rescue so I sent him the email and said "Perhaps you might like help"... and I said some other stuff making friendly conversation.

Time went by and he never responded to the email so I figured he wasn't interested. I was talking to mom last week and she told me how excited he is to be hooking up with a Greyhound rescue that needed to find immediate homes for 70+ dogs... hmmm... sounds familiar, doesn't it? I was sooo insulted that he was really excited and into something because *I* had sent along the info and yet he never acknowledged or thanked me for the info.

All he had to do was hit "reply" and say "Cool! I was looking to get involved somehow!" or "thanks, I think I might be interested!" he didn't have to tell me that it sounded great and that this would become his next mission in life. I also hardly ever email him - maybe three times a year. So you know what I send him has to be something special.

I have my PM's blocked for personal reasons...besides, I can say more in an email.

I always try to respond to all emails with the exception of jokes. I have two neighbours that email me at least 10 times a day with "aging" jokes and such and I only respond every once in a while saying "Thanks for the jokes."

If the email is a personal one from a Pet Talker or other good friends, I always respond even though it may take me a couple of days...

I also accept email at my work address.....it's fun and makes me smile in the middle of a very busy workday.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

gosh, I completely understand you!! glad to see this because I always felt so miserable for "expecting too much" because my own family kept getting upset at me for not updating them anymore..especially when I was in the hospitals.. and dare to think I'm like my father...who turned his back on everyone for no reason and never speaks for YEARS.

I was like.. duh..you never corresponded so I didn't think it matters anymore. because one, I don't know if you got it or not, two, you don't respond back so I assumed you're bothered. so I stop. communication is just a basic requirement of any relationship! ("Your Health" book -from my old class- says so too!)

then they complain their excuses.. busy..kids..work..school.. yak yaks. oh please.. I see and think I'm even busier than they are. I mean, do you care? you would spare just a minute or two to correspond! I never and will never find it understood why people always had hard time with that. *groans* - do you think your sister cares? or...? I have no idea! because I don't want to find or say negatives in/about them... they just kept making me wondering..! shucks. what do you think now?

hugs to remove your frustration..

rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

and to add..

the truth is I haven't really stopped updating my some relatives because I've been afraid they really thought I'm like my father.. too much stresses because I don't really want to if they couldn't just share their life with me too..

you feel me, fox-gal?

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
    you feel me, fox-gal?[/color]
    Oh yeah, I feel ya!

Some how in all this I have turned out to be the bad one, sense I don't e-mail them any more. Their mad at me because they say, I'm being rude.................Hello???? I tried, your the one that doesn't answer back, so who's rude here??

People only see their side of things and never do they see, it both ways. At least in my case.

I've just quit on all accounts, don't e-mail, don't call, soon maybe they will figure out things work both ways. They can e-mail, call now, it's their turn. Why do I have to be the one to keep in touch, pay the long distance bills etc etc.?

Ok I done venting, now................feel much better.

very right.. relationship works both way! yet..I never give up on praying someone will finally come to common sense and see that they gotta do their part too! but unforunately...the life we have now...ugh.

posted by fox-gal
    Ok I done venting, now................feel much better.
    so am I too, thanks to you.