Thread: Raised Prices??

Raised Prices??

I just got back from PetsMart. I spent $68.33 on litter for the cats and rabbits, dry food for the cats and rabbits, timother hay for the rabbits, a filter for the cat water fountain and a 6-pack of mice. For some reason, I think that's a little high! Has the litter always been $15.99? I thought it was $12.99, and the food was raised in price at least $2.00 from two weeks ago....the hay is usually 3.99-5.99 and went up to 8.69!!! OK, WOW!!!

Has anyone else noticed this at all??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Oh joy, one of my errands this afternoon is going to get supplies for the fur-babies...

One thing I've noticed is that the 4" size of cat grass is roughly $2.99 at the pet stores and the 4" size of wheat grass (advertized for humans and pets) is roughly $1.40 here. The cats seem to prefer wheat grass, too...

Note to Kelly: a 6-pack of mice? I may hate myself for asking, but ... why? Uhm, if it's some wierd training aid for Noel and Noah, I don't want to know.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Amberlee!! You are too funny!!! They are the furcovered mice, toys! hee hee

Thanks for the laugh! I just had a annoying meeting and you brightened my mood, thank you!!

Just got back from Animal Friends (a pet store here...we have a PetCo but they never have what Sophie needs)...bought a 48oz bag of timmy hay ($8.50), 3 lbs of food (@ .80/lb), and a flip and toss carrot ($3.50) for a total of $14.95...not too bad...but we have a vet appointment this afternoon.......

OPPS! Hope she didn't hear the V-word...let me correct myself...

*ahem* We're going to the MANICURIST!!!

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by zippy-kat
    OPPS! Hope she didn't hear the V-word...let me correct myself...

*ahem* We're going to the MANICURIST!!!
    LOL Zippy! Hope Miz Sophie gets a fine ahem... manicure

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    ....They are the furcovered mice, toys!...
    Whew! The mental pictures I was getting weren't pretty! Such a relief. (And I thought MY fur-babies were spoiled...)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I can just see it...I'm out here in the woods (do we even HAVE woods where I live?), hunting for mice and birds for my furbabies!! hee hee...don't give me ideas!! ha ha

David (my hubby) and I decided that we will be shopping at our favorite pet store that is 20 minutes away from now on. They are always so nice (Mom and Pop store) and the prices are better now.

Originally posted by Casper_Kitty

LOL Zippy! Hope Miz Sophie gets a fine ahem... manicure
    LOL
    She's not a happy camper but she's clipped & snipped!

Just today I went to the vets to buy Science Diet W/D for Rascal.

Last time I purchased the ten pound bag it was 22.67. Today it was $24.02. Every time I buy it the price has gone up.

The only good thing is that he just loves it and it has helped maintain his weight. ("Shhh, we were getting a bit pudgy".)
    He wouldn't like me telling anyone that.

Originally posted by gini
    ("Shhh, we were getting a bit pudgy".)
    He wouldn't like me telling anyone that.
    LOL GINI!
    I don't think ANYONE likes to hear that they are FLUFFY!!

Very funny as for the prices I have one word..economy

And who whould have ever thought pet toys and food etc. whould get so comercilized hmmm petco. petmart pettopia etc.
    As someone mentioned its best and cheapest to get those things from local mom and pop stores. I love pets as much as anybody but I just cant see how you can devote an entire department store to pet suplies
    Last edited by topaz; 02-09-2002 at 10:08 PM.

. . . it is especially frustrating when these huge warehouse chains don't have a selectiion to match their size . . . it was always hit or miss whether my PetSmart stocked Laxatone so I ended up going to a little privately owned pet shop and paying a dollar more, but at least I know I can find it there . . . I squeeze a dab in Lily's food every day.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Not sure about the prices, haven't went lately, but need to go this coming weekend.
    As for the mice, I thought maybe she had a snake she wasn't mentioning! whew! Then I thought maybe she meant toys.
    As for dedicating entire dept stores for pets. One of my favorite things to do since I got animals is to go to pet stores. All we have is a Pet Supplies Plus, but if I had a PetSmart or PetCo near I would be in heaven! I think its a great idea b/c you can get such a selection for everyone's pets.
    The "Mom and Pop" store I occasionally is the only place for about 50 mi that sells Innova food. The people that run it are very nice too, I am just afraid that sometime when I go there it won't be there. Personally, I don't understand why they dedicate stores to sport things. I am not talking about a sporting goods store, I get that. What I am talking about are the sport paraphenilia stores. Our local mall had a store for a awhile that all they sold was Ohio State Buckeye and Michigan Wolverine stuff (Big Rivalry). It wasn't opened for very long!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..