Thread: The Dog Jog by Earle...

The Dog Jog by Earle...

WOOOOOOS PT,
    This morning my hoomins loaded up a buncha stuff in the truck and ME! I got to go for a truck ride. I thought that was going to be the fun treat, but it turned out we were going to the Humane Society Dog Jog! Daddy had to be there cuz he works at the shelter and Mom decided to take me for a walk! We had to go early and help get things set up:

This is me hanging out under a picnic table while Mom was working.

Then lots of other dogs started showing up. I made lots of new friends.

Finally we got to go walking. This is me heading down the trail.

On one part I got to walk on pavement. I was quite fascinated with that stuff. I never see pavement on our walks! It feels funny on my paws!

Then the trail went along the Yukon River. It was nice back there--lots of birds and squirrels and stuff to sniff!

More coming!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

The dog jog continued!

There were a couple spots where I could go in the river and cool off!

I don't swim. I am a snow dog, after all, but I like to wade and get my belly wet!

This is the SS Klondike boat. I wooed at the tourists on the tour of the boat, but I don't think they heard me!

Then we came back to the park. That's my daddy. He was cooking burgers and hotdogs for the humans. He gave me a few hotdogs too! He's a good daddy!

There was lots of prizes. Mom got a basket full of fancy creams and girly stuff. I got biscuits of all flavors and kinds.

Oh, and a pigs ear! I love those. I got two of them and I gave one to my new friend, Baldy.

This is Baldy eating her treat. She is a very nice girl dog. She is living at the shelter place and needs a home. She was very good at the park so maybe one of those humans will come get her!

Now I am exhausted and need a nap!

Oh, yeah, all the dogs walking raised 3000 dollars for the shelter animals!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Aww Earle!!! I can't wait to see more!!!! What a lucky boy to get to go for a special ride and walk!!!! You are VERY handsome!!!
    You even got to go swimming! Looks like you had fun, Baldy, I hope you get a furrever home too!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Earle what a fun day you had.
    How very nice of you to share one of your treats with Baldy. I certainly hope that pretty girl gets a home!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh Earle you are such a cute pupper! You are one lucky boy getting to go for such a fun walk, and gettin' all those treats! How nice of you to share with Baldy! Baldy looks like a very nice girl, and I hope she gets a home soon! Loved all your pictures!

Carly

Oh Earle, it looks like a wonderful day!!! What fun for everyone. I hope the people on the boat did hear you. I think it would have made them smile. What a good boy to share your pig ear with Baldy. I am sure she appreciated it. It really does look like a good day. I wish I could have joined in the fun. Oh, and you helped to raise $3,000 now that is a good day.

What a great day and for a good cause. Beautiful pictures!

WOOOOOs to you Earle! You helped raise enough money to by a whole lotta biscuits and stuff for the shelter pups- good job! And you got to make friends and go for a nice walk, too! We'll keep our paws crossed Baldy gets a new home from one of those nice people that were there, too.

Congratulations on raising $3000!!! That's awesome!!!

Oh Earle what a lucky boy you are that mommy and daddy brought you out for the Dog Jog, I bet you had a really wonderful time wading in the water and walking on the pavement (I thought that was so cute that you had never been on it before!), sounds like it was really fun!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Earle you are such a special boy. Glad to see mom took you cuz you are so gorgous. Glad to hear such a good amount raise to save freinds at the shelter.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    That looks like so much fun! I love those kinds of events. Baldy is beautiful! I hope someone rescues her, she looks lovely.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Earle, you are such a special boy. I like your new friend, she seems really nice. Good of you to share your pigs ears with her. Good work on raising so much money!! Thanks for sharing your day with us. Wishing it was nice and sunny here like it is where you are.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

That looks like such a fun day! Earle you are so handsome, way to go on helping raise money for the shelter!

Great work on raising the money. Earle looked like he had such a good time too.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole