Thread: A question for digital camera owners

A question for digital camera owners

AHHHHHHH daddy got me a digital camera AHHHHHHHH

okey Im still alittle over happy

I only have one problem and unfortunatly its a big one. I can't get the pictures to come through to load up on the computer I keep gettign this message "could not successfully connect to the camera. Please check cables and connections" any suggestions on what might be wrong ??? I have tried everything.

I know you may not want to tell me because then you will never see the end of hound dog pictures ....lol..
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

try to unplug and replug it. is the camera on?? just make sure everything is plugged where it should :]

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Did the camera come with a CD? There may be software you have to install before the computer will "recognize" the camera.

Yep all is installed and all is plugged in ?????? Im at a loss I have tried everything.

Should I uninstall and reinstall agian ???? Maybe something went wrong when it was installing ???

thats weird, mine did that before too, but I don't remember how I fixed it. Maybe you should try reseting then do it again??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Describe the camera. Does it use a USB port?

Okey bare with me here Im not very computer literate ..lol..

Its a Kodak DC3200, and Im to connect it to a 9 pin serial port or COM port which I have and connected it to. Then it says they are usually COM1 or COM2 ???? I don't know what this means and I don't know which one it is ..lol.. clueless

So onto troubleshooting I went and it tells me to set the serial port to AUTO search did that and still not working

So it then tells me to Set the speed setting to 9,600bps. did that and still nothing ???????

I have no idea what to do

Im desperate its killing me having all these pics and not being able to put them on my puter.

Please help

Since its a Kodak, i believe theres is a Kodak program you have to open to load the pics did you download a program? Also, the camera has to be on, i also think there is a thing you have to go to on a Kodak camera to load the pictures (my neighbor had one,they moved, but i used it when i was at their house), just experiment with the camera and see what you can do, i taught myself how to use my camera cause my brother wouldnt.

Good Luck and i cant wait to see the pics!

Take a look at Kodak's tech support web page. Especially the "serial connectivity" pages.

Paul

If you set it to COM 2 and then COM 1 and you are sure that you are plugging it into the right place (check the manual that came with your computer) in the back of the machine then perhaps you should ask someone to help you.

Paul

Oh thanks Paul, your the man !

With all this info I'd have to be pretty stupid not to figure it out ..lol.. I have printed off ten pages and so far have figured that its a COM2 port and the speed should be set at 9,600. I hope this helps.

If not I'll have to have my friend come down on Sat. to figure it out, if i can wait that long.

Kfamr I loaded everything up that came with the camera ???? I'll play around untill Sat. if I don't figure it out I hope Barb can.

Thanks for the help guys

You're not stupid. When you plug a serial port device in and it does not just work then it takes a lot of knowledge to get it to work. However, once it is installed then it should be easy to use.

Paul

I have a digital camera of my own...sorry I can't help you because SOMEBODY(~zipper~)hasn't sent my software.

Originally posted by Gepansy
    I have a digital camera of my own...sorry I can't help you because SOMEBODY(~zipper~)hasn't sent my software.
    lol
    It will be there the weekend of the 16th!

Still haven't got it, still trying ...........