Thread: Creepy Crawlies

Creepy Crawlies

Now that summer has blasted into the city, the bugs are out in force and some of them seem to think our place is a good place to take up residence for a bit. I would very much like to evict the ants, roaches and other not so nice city dwelling creepy crawlies. Can anyone recommend a spray or anything that will be safe to use around Groucho but lethal to my unwanted "guests"? Thanks!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I COULD LEND YOU SCRAPPY 2,WHO ,IS THE ANGEL OF DEATH,TO ALL INSECTS.HE ACTUALLY CAUGHT A FLY,IN MID FLIGHT,YESTERDAY.WHETHER,OR NOT,HE WOULD BE SAFE,FOR GROUCHO,IS VERY HARD,TO SAY.

I DONT DO,EXTERMINATING!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't know what spray is safe, but my mom always used the ant (or roach) bait "hotels" around her cat. The poison is inside

This won't help...but it's cute

The first apartment we lived in was cheap student housing. For some reason or another it was swarming with ants. I didn't even realize ants had a smell until we lived there. My kitty, Weezie, loved to eat them and finally, she ate so many...she smelled like an ant! Urgh!
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Hi! we tried a spray gun for ants very unsuccessfully and marvellously found this year little round traps with about 3 doors in each. They come with a small tube of gel. just put a blob in the middle and wait for it to do its magic. Completely safe and not in any way capable of being knocked over by a nosy paw for example!. We even put a blob high up on a gap where the tiled splashback ends and honestly within minutes it was completely swarming with black-ness. The next day not to many and those ants which were there looked kind of woozy and staggering all over the place. The traps each morning were completely emptied of the gel. The idea is they take the poison back to the nest and feed the others on it so its important not to squash any stray ones, however hard it is to resist. As we live in an old house we are bothered with them from about January until May and honestly this product, if you can find it is a godsend and as I say no worries pet-wise.

laurax.

For the ants, leave out cucumber peels. Sprinkle a few over the ants' favorite spots and they will soon go away. My neighbor had an ant infestation and within two days of putting some peels out they were gone. I also heard that apple peels work because they bring them back to the nest and it will poison the queen, but I never got around to trying that.
    Here is a great site for natural insect controls http://eartheasy.com/live_natpest_control.htm
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

My cats love moving toys like roaches!! Although funny thing is roaches have adapted to cats - they play dead and the cat pushes with their paws and the roach doesn't move and the cats think it is dead and no fun and walk away - then the roach gets up and runs away. Actually this was funny when I watched it - no wonder those buggers have been around so long!!! Now around me no use in playing dead because I got a big bad shoe that is going to squash you so run run run.... Hubby sprays outside around the house - maybe you can spray outside around the door - all around it - if your cats are indoor only cats. Also we bomb the garage so that they won't come in that way. Be careful on the roach hotels - mine are ferro ant traps that work great - look the same as roach motels - but I don't stick them down so I have found them in the middle of the floor as a new cat toy my MEka thinks... This worried me because the powder inside can come out.... I'm wondering the same thing as you... In an apartment I'd spray outside as much as you can - the idea is to keep them from coming in at all... Debbie