Thread: Neo is showing signs of being ill....

Neo is showing signs of being ill....

Neo is my nieces kitty in Auckland, he is a gorgeous black boy, he is just over a year old, and has just shifted house to his new home a few weeks ago, because he is using a litter box they have noticed he has blood in his poos.

I advised my sister to get him to the vet today, so she left me online to take him, please send some good vibes and prayers that Neo will be ok.

Any idea what could be wrong,? I thought maybe a touch of colitis is a possibility, is this something to worry about,? or could it be nothing much,? advice please, thanks in advance.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I have no idea what it could be Carole, but I just wanted to send my prayers for dear Neo that it isn't anything serious.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thank you very much, it must have worked, the vet did not seem to find anything much really, said he had a bit of a squishy tummy,not sure what he means there, and maybe an infection could occurr, so put him on ten days antibiotics, he said he could have giardia, somehow I think it was pretty inconclusive really, he has a special purina intestinal food to eat for a few days as well, he scoffed it down no problem so he cannot be too bad.

My sister said he had a few mouthfuls of fresh snapper straight out of the sea on saturday, I wonder if it was just too fresh and upset his tummy, still don't know why there would be any blood present, I thought maybe he was constipated or had colitis, but appears not, so he should be well on the mend soon, heres hoping and thanks for your kind words and thoughts.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hope that Neo feels better soon. My first thought was that he might have Coccidia. I hope that the meds will help him. Please keep us updated.

Coccidia was my first idea too especially as he can have outside meat .

In this case it should be easy to diagnose and should respond very well to the meds.

All the best for little Neo

Ok well I have not heard of that before, is it from contaminated meat that they can get this, and how does it affect them, vet never mentioned it, but it is a possibility isn't it? well at least he should be ok now, will let you know how he is doing, I am seeing my sister this weekend, so I will ask her how he is doing, thanks everyone for your concern and helpful advice.
    Furangels only lent.

Giardia and coccidia come from contaminated water. They are protozoa. Mitronidazole or Albon are typically what is prescribed here for cats with either of these.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

You gave the best possible advise: see a vet asap. Good thinking, Carole!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks for explaining that smokey the elder, I knew about Giardia but not the other, I have heard he is doing well, no more blood in his poo's, so all is looking well.
    Furangels only lent.