Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eragon! (book)

Eragon! (book)

I am in the middle of the book, Eragon, and I am LOVING it!!! I think it's one of the best books ever!!! Has anyone here read it? (I'm sure you guys have!) It's written by a 15-yr-old, and there's 2 more books of the trilogy still to come out! I love it, 'cause it's about dragons, magic and fantasy...exactly my thing! But wow, I'm just buzzing through it, and I can't put it down!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I really liked it too. I read it in 6th grade. I've heard that it's going to be a trilogy and possibly a movie, too.

Originally posted by flamepony12
    I really liked it too. I read it in 6th grade. I've heard that it's going to be a trilogy and possibly a movie, too.
    I know! The second book, Eldest is coming out this summer!! Yay!! Oh, and there might be movies?? Awesome!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I've never read this book, but I met the author of it. He was really nice and polite. Wasn't anything like I thought he was going to be.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Wow! I knew the sequall was gonna be coming out August 23, but I had no idea there was going to be a movie. I can't wait. Well... I don't know, actually. I really hope the movie doesn't ruin the book!

If you'd like a sig, PM me.

Originally posted by equinelover23
    Well... I don't know, actually. I really hope the movie doesn't ruin the book!
    Yea, just what I was thinking...

That's so neat you met Christopher Paolini Sara!

Thanks Kay!!

I have the sequel, I have the sequel!

I got to go to Book Expo America last weekend, and pick it up! One gets a lot of not-yet-released books there - yum! I didn't get to meet him, but it looks cool!

Originally posted by Karen
    I have the sequel, I have the sequel!

I got to go to Book Expo America last weekend, and pick it up! One gets a lot of not-yet-released books there - yum! I didn't get to meet him, but it looks cool!
    Aw man!! You're so lucky Karen!!! I don't think I can wait 'til August 23rd...

Thanks Kay!!

I've read it, it's a really good book. I'll definitely have to read the sequel.

Eragon is like my fave book i coulnt put it down when i was reading it and ive read ti about 12 times(literally)
    Abbey(Human),Libby(Dog), Trooper(Cat), Frodo(Lizard), and Ruby(Snake)
    Thank you Joanofark

I loved that book! I can not wait for the sequel to come out. Karen, you are so lucky that you already got it!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

My son and I both love Fantasy / SciFi, and we have both read and loved Eragon. we are 3rd on a waiting list from our library as soon as they get their copy of Eldest - but I'm thinking of buying it.

If you all liked this dragon story - have any of you read the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey? Classic dragon stories!

or if you like magic,

the Abhorson, Sabriel and Lirael? a magic trilogy? ( can't remember the author.) also VERY good.

if you liked 'Eragon', any of the above might 'occupy' you pleasantly while waiting for 'Eldest' to show up!?

laura

Thanks, Amanda, for the wonderful siggy and avatar!

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
    - Milan Kundera

It's got dragons in it so of course I read it! Karen, you are so darn lucky to get Eldest. How is it? I can't wait for it to come out.

Buckner that is so cool that you met the author.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It's got dragons in it so of course I read it! Karen, you are so darn lucky to get Eldest. How is it? I can't wait for it to come out.
    That's what I was gonna say!!

Eragon is like my fave book i coulnt put it down when i was reading it and ive read ti about 12 times(literally)
    WW!! That's alotta times!! lol

Thanks Kay!!