View Poll Results: Where did you get your pets?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shelter/rescue

68 51.91%
  • Pet Store

25 19.08%
  • Breeder

52 39.69%
  • Mill/BYB/farm

16 12.21%
  • Stray

24 18.32%
  • Bred him/her yourself

5 3.82%
  • Other

31 23.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where did you get your pets?

I got all three of mine from friends whose pets had Pups/kitties.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

We got Kai from a breeder and Kaedyn from the shelter.

Two of the tiels came from a pet shop, one was from a breeder and two were rescued.

All of my fishies were either bred by me, from a very reputable breeder/lfs or breeders.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Mocha came from a BYB before we knew better, we really didn't do enough research .

Panna and Cannelle are both rescues. Panna was an "I want her gone right away or she's going to the high kill shelter" so I flew her up to Canada from Las Vegas right away and Cannelle came from a rescue we foster for. I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm never going to buy another animal.

we got Beanie from a no-kill shelter, Gracie from a breeder, and Precious the guinne pig from a petstore. we got PiddyBob as a stray and Pete from a friend that had kittens.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Spunky was found in a cage in a back room of an exotic creature store. Sept 29, 2001 B mid August 2001

Sam I got from a barn as a companion for Spunky. June 19, 2003 born mid April 2003

Jane showed on the porch after being tossed from a car. Sept 14, 2009 b. April 2009

Bob (5 ? in 2011) and Emily (13 ? in 2011) (RB Oct 2013) were thrown out because the lady was tired of them but didn't want them killed at a shelter.

Callie (2 in fall 2012? ) is a runaway semi-feral, chased from her colony by a tomcat. Adopted my porch as her home (March 2012). Now in my bedroom.
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 03-29-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: can't spell or maybe type. Added more info
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I got Ms. Shiela and Ms.Kaveri from a animal shelter where I volunteer.

Oscar was a feral who was tamed by the owners of a cat boarding kennel where I worked; Cole was dumped on the neighbouring acreage a year later.

Zoe was a feisty 10 year old when I fostered her for the local Humane Society. I failed, obviously!

Oscar, the former feral, is totally mommy's sucky boy - with purring and drooling into the bargain!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Zoee is from a breeder after a family had to return her due to allergies.

Paizly is a rescue from a fellow PTer.

Taggart and Jax are from the shelter I volunteer with.

My RB Taz was from a family that had allergies as well.

Buddy found us, and I'm still hoping he is in his forever home right now with my coworker. I will find out next week.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Mikey was from a Pet Store originally, but we got him from someone who was getting rid of him. Chippewa and Buzz are from Petco. Spock and T'Stala are from a horrid boardwalk shop. Bo II is from a mom and pop pet store.

Mac was given to me by my Supervisor at the time. She had "poofed" him from a very abusive and neglectful family on her block. He would be locked out of their house without food or water for days at a time. When they left for a week's vacation they locked him in the garage without any food or water. Neighbors heard him meowing and released him and my Supervisor brought him to work with her. She said she thought of me first thing as someone who would give him a good home. 11 years later, he's still with me and he is my cat.

Kimba I rescued off the streets. He had been thrown out of two homes by people in my apartment complex. The first time he saw me was in December of 2010 when he was just a little kitten. He looked lost, I called "hello, little guy" and he came running to me. He had a collar on so I thought he had a home. When I saw him again in April of 2011, my apartment manager told me that he had been feral for awhile but that I could take him in if I wanted (our apt. complex had a 2 cat limit and I already had 2, but she said she wouldn't say anything to the owners). I've had Kimba for almost 3 years now. Those people who threw him out on the street sure missed a love bug. He is a total lap cat and a drooler. Love this little guy so much!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Lolli as a pup from a breeder.
    Buddy from a breeder...he was a pup that had a deposit payed on him and they never showed up so she just kept him until he was 9 months old and I got him.
    Both came from dogs who were cared for but lived in kennels. I wouldn't do that again.
    I want my next one to be a rescue or a craigslist dog (I think those are rescues too, in a way)
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

7 of the rats came from shelter: Kira, Dax, Icheb, Janeway, Guinan, T'Pol and Tiberius

Dumbledore and Nellie were re-homed to me through a rescue group.
    Seeking out new treats and going where no ratty has gone before,

Ratterprise Command.
    Dumbledore ~ Senior Recycling Technician, Nellie ~ Extreme Exploration Expert, Dax ~ Nutritional Supplement Inspector, Kira ~ Small Excavations Supervisor, T'Pol ~ Caution Advisor , Guinan ~ Junior Uniform Inspector, Icheb ~ Security Officer, Janeway ~ Away Team Supervisor, Tiberius ~ Heat Therapist

Abby and Zane came from shelters as puppies. Deputy was pulled the day he was supposed to be euthed by a rescue.
    Ardishire and Raiden came from pregnent strays. Binky was a feral kitten.
    Snickers and Eddy where born here. Taffy and Crowley are her sons. Samson was the son of a buck I sold to someone else and had returned (owner was in ill health). Steve was from a breeder who wanted to get rid of him and Captain Jack was free from the breeder's friend. Banshee and Sparrow came from a petting zoo.
    Patch was from a breeder who also wanted to be rid of him. Geldings who are plain looking and are probably not 100% American Miniature Horse don't get top dollar.
    Peaches and Freya I got as chicks. Sir Galahad, Olga and Helga came as adults from the feedstore. Biscuit and Cleo came from a friend.

E & T from friends who bred because they needed another working dog.
    Harri from a breeder. I am hoping to have one of his relatives in my life in the next 18 months .
    Luna was a freebie off facebook. The girl didn't want her and wanted her gone asap.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Lacey and Mandy came from a shelter. Sassy I found on the street. Missy I got from a coworker.
    Hmm, need to update, this quote was from 6/05.

Layla came from a relative of an in-law. Jake came from the shelter.

Angel and Tessa are from a rescue.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla