Thread: Vacuum The Cat

Vacuum The Cat

Does anyone's cat(s) follow them while they're cleaning the house? Olive follows me from room to room (which can be annoying) and will even let me vacuum her. Beavis loves it when I'm sweeping and will flop right in the pile of dirt and wait for me to push him with the broom! Just curious if anyone else experience's anything like ths?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

NO WAY,AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,WHERE THE VACUUM CLEANER,TO MY CATS,IS A MONSTER,THAT WOULD SWALLOW THEM WHOLE,AND NEVER LET THEM,OUT OF THE CANNISTER.RUN,KITTIES,RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by catmandu; 06-05-2005 at 09:26 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

All I know is that Harry isn't afraid of the vacuum, and I've been trying to "train" the little foster kittens to not fear it too... so far so good! Today when I vacuumed, Flutter sat right where she was in the room and didn't move, she just watched me go by with the big bad machine! I am so amazed, since every other foster kitten I've had has been terrified of the macuum, and they would run to hide for HOURS. That made me a nervous wreck trying to find where they hid. Murphy once hid under the dishwasher -- who knew there was a way to get under it!!

Nope! Get out the vacuum and they scatter. Occassionally they will watch from a distance but nobody relaxes until it is put away.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    When younger, Tiger would ride on our shoulders when either of us was vacuuming. He was absolutely NOT AFRAID of the old one. Then we got the Dyson and he's not so fond of it, but still watches from a perch.
    You would think Pippin would be terrified, but as the vacuum has never done anything bad to him, he just thinks its a lot of noise. Tiger taught him to just sit up on a couch until the activity is over.

The other 3 cat boys and Sam all prefer to be in another county during cleaning time!
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Are you kidding? All I need to do is open the door to the closet where I keep the vacuum and WHOOSH! Mitzi disappears for hours! Mishi, on the other hand, just stares at me with his goofy guy look

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

This is my sister and her kitty, Mystic. Mystic must be vacuumed before she can do the floors. If he doesn't get vacuumed first(using the upholstery attachment), he follows her around and rolls in front of the vacuum. He's 16 now and has insisted on this since she found him as a 5 month old kitten!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving