Thread: Do cat's temperature rise at night?

Do cat's temperature rise at night?

Do cat's temperature rise at night? I was wondering, because our temperature seems to rise at night time. My doctor said this was completely normal. But what about our cats? Star feels warm at night time, though she acts fine. Is this normal?

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

THEY MAY WELL MIGHT,AS CATS ARE BY THIER VERY NATURE NOCTURNA, CREATURES,AND THEY SLEEP,BY DAY,AND HUNT AT NIGHT.AT LEAST,THEY DID,UNTIL WE TOOK THEM,IN AND DOMESTICATED THEM,BUT THATS WHY THEY PLAY,AT NIGHT,THEY ARE HUNTING,AS THIER ANCESTORS DID.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

LOL.. Yeah until we took them in and domesticated them. Star stays on my schedule though, I stay up nights to work online. It's cooler at night time, anyways, she is up with me all day and tends to take little mini naps. Then in the day when I am asleep, I have no idea what she is up to. I have a feeling though that she counts the minutes till I go to bed. Then she is up on the table, on the counters, and just having herself a ball! I know she does this because sometimes when I leave the room, she is up on that table. Of course when I have waken up from my sleep, she acts as if I have been gone for ages and is loving at my feet and wanting to be held all the while she is purring up a storm and giving head bumpies. Ahh, I love cats. As for her feeling more warm at night time, I guess I have nothing to worry about since she is acting just fine. Thanks for replying to my post. :-) Have a great day.

I'm glad you are not worrying about her anymore. I hope she isn't sick but if so you should be able to tell soon. Sometimes kitties get bugs that seem to make them feel bad and run a low grade fever for a day or two and then they are all better. I guess it's like us humans with a cold.
    Star sounds like a wonderful furry bed buddy with a very sweet attitude.

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    I'm glad you are not worrying about her anymore. I hope she isn't sick but if so you should be able to tell soon. Sometimes kitties get bugs that seem to make them feel bad and run a low grade fever for a day or two and then they are all better. I guess it's like us humans with a cold.
    Star sounds like a wonderful furry bed buddy with a very sweet attitude.

Star is a wonderful kitty. My husband picked her out. It was part of my plan though, I have been asking for a cat for a long time, so one day he gave in, but I let him choose her. She is certainly the right cat for us.

She is acting fine, I do not know how to tell if she is feverish though. Her paws, nose and ears feel warmer at night than in the day. How do you tell?