Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you reading now/recently read?

I am reading Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts. It is book # 2 of the 3 part Irish Trilogy. I love it and it makes me want to travel to Ireland so bad. It is magical and at the same time realistic too. Nora Roberts does a great job in combining the two.

I have also read Sweet Valley University (have a huge collection), and I have also read a bunch of self help books. I hardly can put down my books. I read more in the winter though.
    Happiness is the little things in life.

I'm reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett right now. After that I have Patrick by Steven Lawhead lined up to read.

In general my favorite genre is historical fiction.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

What are you reading?

Currently I'm reading the Kent Family Chronicles by John Jakes. It's an 8 part series that follows a family from pre-revolutionary times right on up. I'm on book 6 now which covers the civil war. For history buffs, highly recommended. I'm also a big Stephen King fan and often wonder what my Literature professors from college would say about that. James Michner is also a favorite. If you're looking for something light and really funny, try "The Education of Hyman Kaplan". The author's last name is Parkhill, don't remember his first name. Enjoy your reading experiences!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Currently I'm reading Star Wars: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn. I read to relax, so I tend to gravitate toward things like mystery/suspense or science fiction. I also love the Mitford books by Jan Karon.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll defnitely be looking into some of these.

Ash, I loved "Of Mice and Men".. we read it for English two years ago. But of course, being forced to read is never fun and I only appreciated it once all the assignments and work we had to do was handed it and over with. It's a really sweet story.

Glacier, isn't Lamb's writing style amazing? I plan on buying "She's Come Undone" as soon as I finish reading Angels & Demons.

I also read a few plays and books in class this past semester; we read The Iliad (which was so awesome, I loved it) by Homer, and a number of plays for my contemporary drama classes: The Glass Menagerie, Raisin in the Sun, Fences, 'night Mother, and Oedipus Rex.

Has anybody read the Shopaholic books? I heard they're really funny.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I've just read " Cats in the news" by Martyn Lewis - I quite enjoyed it. I normally read before going to sleep, but it has to be something light.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    I'm trying to finish off "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for English Class. I was supposed to read it a month ago and there's just a little over 100 pages... I hate being forced to read.

After this, I'm gonna try finishing off the books by Nicholas Sparks.

I read it for school about a month ago. It was a pretty good book. If you have any questions about it I could probably help you

Right now I am reading "Bringing Up Beauty". I love that book, It's about raising a guide dog.

Originally posted by primabella

Has anybody read the Shopaholic books? I heard they're really funny.

I've read them. The first one (Confessions Of A Shopoholic) is good but they get kind of repetitive after a while

I read 4 comic books last 2 weeks or so and just this week I started to re-read Harry Potter Book 5 in Chinese I need to refresh my memory and get ready for Book 6. And throught out the year and past year I just read a whole bunch of mysterious book... CSI... etc. I love to read.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.