Thread: I'm worried about my little girl

I'm worried about my little girl

I'm really worried about Mina. I notice the other night that sometimes Mina's breathing is kind of raspy. She isn't like this all the time, but just once in a while. She still eats like normal and drinks water and goes potty the same. Maybe I'm just being neurotic, but she is my baby girl and it scares me that she does this.

Any ideas????

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I WOULD TAKE HER,INTO THE WHITE COATS,JUST TO BE,ON THE SAFE SIDE.DOES SHE PURRR,A LOT,AS THAT MIGHT,BE HER VERSION,OF THE PURRRRR!

A MEEZER,AT ONE END,AN ORANGIE,AT THE OTHER,IT BAFFLES SCIENCE.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by catmandu
    [B]I WOULD TAKE HER,INTO THE WHITE COATS,JUST TO BE,ON THE SAFE SIDE.DOES SHE PURRR,A LOT,AS THAT MIGHT,BE HER VERSION,OF THE PURRRRR!
    Actually Gary she does purr quite a bit, but her purrs always sound different.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I just had my girls into the vet yesterday and they got a clean bill of health but my lilith sometimes does the same thing. it is usually while she is sleeping though. The vet said her heart and lungs sounded great so I shouldn't worry about it. I thought maybe she had a touch of asthma (SP?) But vet seems to think not. I wondered also if maybe she is dreaming and whatever she is dreaming about makes her do this. I really don't know. But mayeb your vet is the best bet. I know it turned out to be nothing with Lilith according to the vet. But better safe than sorry.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

If it continues or becomes more frequent it might not hurt to have her checked or at least maybe a call to the vet might reassure you.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I just had foster Shilo in to the vet about this same sound. Nothing was found. vet said it might be a touch of allergy or asthma.

What do you mean by raspy? You can hear her breath? Like she has a stuffy nose? Or does she breath with her mouth open when she does it?
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    ...vet said it might be a touch of allergy or asthma.
    That's what I was going to suggest . . . especially around this time of year.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I agree it could just be allergies! All of the rescues in this area are fighting the kitty colds / sneezes etc. right now!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

sorry this has gotten you worried.. I can't hear anything so I couldn't help..

any update? she's doing ok? hope just the pestering allergy..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Lee Roy ran her to our vet today. You'll never guess what! She did it again for the vet and you know what it is. An inverse SNEEZE!!!!! LOL I'm so relieved. I've never heard of an inverse sneeze before, but the vet says its common in kitten who have clay litter or who live around a lot of dust.

Mina is fine and he even saw Kasie too. He gave a clean bill for both except he wants to weigh under eight lbs when she sees him in September.

How interesting. Glad it is nothing.

I'm Worried

Of course you are! Has this just started or is it an ongoing thing? This may be nothing more than an allergy or maybe a little bit of a cold. Definitely sounds like a question for your vet. Hoping for the best. Please let us know what happens?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE