Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Cats Do you Rescue? Any that are outside?

What realy upsets me is those kittens my never have an owner.

cat_lover146, welcome to PetTalk, by the way.

I do have to go now, though. Enough goofing off while at work...I should probably wrap things up so I can leave for the day in a little while.

You'll find, though, that this place can be very addictive, especially if you've been away from it for a while, as I was when I was in the process of getting a different job, closing on and moving into the house we bought, and going without Internet while the idiots tried to figure out if we could get DSL or not in our neighborhood (we couldn't, had to go with cable Internet - pricier, but faster).

Anyway, welcome!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Thanks for the warm welcome.G2G

My Grandma and Grandpa (K&L). Have found a ton of cats at A city park . What they have done is trapped them and then had them spade or nutered so that they won't have kittens then they have there ear clipped sp that they can see which ones they have gotten and whats ones they need to get. After that they return them to there home. They have done such a good job and they couldn't love cats anymore then they do: >)

Originally posted by PayItForward
    Just remember that healthy altered adult cats can roam AND have an active caring owner. The majority of outside cats in England and minority of outside cats in USA have good homes/owners.

It should never be assumed a cat needs a good home without evidence of problems.

My pickup list is unneutered cats, pregnant cats, cats with injuries.
    This is also my way of thinking too. Never assume, that just because a cat is roaming free, makes it a stray. Injured, pregnant, or kittens with no sign of a mother around, I have picked up.

In my case, though, some of my strays do roam free, but I live in a very very rural area and in my own mind have come to accept that, they are better off here, running free, then the death that is waiting for them at the shelter. Some might disagree with my thinking, but I too live in a area where all the shelters are kill shelters, with the exception of one small local woman, who never has any room. So I made up my mind that given where I live and the safety level, that I will do my best for them here at home.

They all have access to shelter, via the screen porch or shelters built around the yard. Also some do come inside as they want, some have choose not to. They all get there shots and are fixed, by a local vet, that gives me discounts, $30 per cat, that includes their rabies shots. Feed and loved daily and hopefully will have a long happy life, here. I have had some luck with a few of my guys, getting re-homed, but it's a hard job to find homes now days, here. So till then, fingers crossed, lots of prayers, that one day the others will get a new home too. Out of all the cats I have, only 3 are really mine, the rest are mine, till something better comes along.

Now if I lived in a city, town, I would not do this. My choice then would more then likely be to take them to a shelter. The thought of them getting hit by a car or something over being put down, humanly at a shelter, just kills me. So I'd pick the best of the two evils, knowing that I can't take them all in and save them.

Right now I have 4 kittens that will end up at the shelter, soon, as I'm at my max with cats. My hopes are sense they are still Kittens their chances are better for adoption. It tears me up inside, but sometimes you have no other chooses. I'm pushing my luck with cats as it is now, when it comes to them all getting along, I can't take a chance of pushing it any more, even the cats have their limits on how many can be around.

I USED TO, but only from my neighborhood. Young kittens that
    were wandering around my area. I simply cannot do it any more
    and am even considering rehoming two of the youngest kitties
    that I have now. There are three not feral & could go to any
    good home, but I've picked the two youngest. This will leave me
    with five ferals who have nowhere else to go. They'll stay here.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt