Thread: My vet passed away

Threaded View

My vet passed away

I called Wyandotte Animal Hospital this morning to make an appointment for Parker and the receptionist answered the phone. She sounded like hell! I told her she sounded awful (meaning like she sounded sick). She said, "Yeah, I know. Doc died this morning". I was absolutely shocked.

Dr. Sturtevant was a sweet man (younger than me) who was having problems with what he THOUGHT was a bleeding ulcer. It turns out he had pancreatic cancer! They thought he was going to pull through. I've never seen him in a bad mood. He was always smiling and cracking jokes. Whenever I brought a new stray in, he just shook his head, laughed and said, "So, HOW many does this make it??" Then he gives me a break on the bill.

Linda, the receptionist, asked me if there was something I needed, or had a question. I was totally speechless and told her that it could definitely wait.

Man, this just seems like a bad dream or something!! Why do good people always have to die??
    Last edited by moosmom; 05-31-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!