Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on the GReat Transport

Update on the GReat Transport

Since Quanzhan and I are both involved with transporting many Goldens towards their "forever" homes tomorrow, I thought you might like an update. I just copied and pasted what I posted on the GR board. I know, I'm lazy......

Good news!!! I just had an email that Red was sprung yesterday and is safe. Max will be picked up this afternoon. They're on their way to a better life. The lady who emailed me said that she took Red to the vet this morning because he was coughing. Now he has cough medicine and antibiotics to help him get better.

We will have 7 dogs total, traveling north tomorrow. Quanzhan, I have no idea how we will split them up. We might have crates, but I'm seriously doubting it because most of the vehicles in the transport can't hold enough crates. I'm sure we'll be fine. We all have made sure to have leashes handy. Should provide for an interesting trip.

We have the three year old mama dog, her three 10 week old puppies (we were originally told 4 weeks old), an 8 month old male (son of the same mama), Max (a golden mix), Red who is 1 year old golden, and then one 8 week old puppy who won't join the crowd until Quanzhan's leg of the journey (in Richmond). My oh my.....such fun. Something tells me that taking pictures is going to be hard.

I'll definitely fill you in later tomorrow.

Logan

PS. Dixieland Dancer, I think it is ultimately your rescue group who will be placing all of these dogs. Are you a part of GRAPE? They're the ones these dogs will ultimately end up with in Pennsylvania, sometime next week. What a terrific group to open their doors for these babies.

Logan,
    So many babies! They couldn't find homes for them? I don't understand this since I had a waiting list of over 50 people when Dixie had pups! They should be able to find homes with no problem. Poor mama dog. My heart goes out to her especially. Having a litter is hard enough on her but now she has to be rescued along with 4 of her babies from two different litters in less than a year!

Our organization is not the ones getting the loves. I am a part of the GPGRC (Greater Pittsburgh Golden Retriever Club). We are in western PA. GRAPE is from the eastern part of the state about 5 hours away.

Wow, a Golden would go in about a split second at my shelter. They are high in demand here. And we rarely get them in the shelters.

Logan, good luck with all the pups! Try to take some pictures even if they come out messed up and blurry from all the movement I'm sure there's going to be!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Good luck, Logan and please be careful and give each and every one of those babies a hug from me.
    Jackie

Safe journey, Logan. And hug and kiss as many of them as you can, for me! Good job everybody!! That's going to be one vehicle overflowing with "Gold!!"

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Logan:
    What a wonderful thing you and Quanzhan are doing!!!
    You are realy GOLDEN LADIES
    Have a safe and fun trip, and hugs to all the pups from me.
    How is Zack doing? He must be very happy now in his forever home with Quanzhan and her family.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

They weren't all Golden, but still GReat!!

Thank goodness, everything went smoothly (just one potty accident inside the crate)! My friend, Karin, and I made it to Anderson in plenty of time, and the other driver heading to Spartanburg was already there.

Red, the Golden we were so concerned about was not able to make the trip. He has not eaten or taken in any water in two days. So, he is at the veterinarian, and seriously ill. Please keep that boy in your prayers. The lady that "sprung" him, Donna, said that he is very sweet, and she will keep me posted if she knows any further information about him. Max turned out not to be a Golden or Golden mix and was apparently very aggressive. Sadly, he was not taken out of the shelter yesterday as planned.

But, we did have "mama", whose name is Brianna, and she is darling, and a live wire!!! Brianna's three 10 week old Golden babies were adopted this week by various veterinary staff, so they didn't have to make this long trip. Brianna rode with me, plus we had a big crate with a mixed Beagle mama, plus her two puppies that didn't look anything like her or eachother! Beagle rescue is taking all three of them somewhere up north. The Beagles have ringworm, so they had to be kept separate from the others, but they are being treated, thank goodness.

The other driver, Karen, took Brianna's 8 mth old son, who is very timid, but as sweet as they come. He is Golden "something" too, not purebred, but very handsome. Our other passengers were two black lab puppies that you just wanted to cuddle. They were probably (and I'm really guessing here), 8 weeks old. Sweet, sweet sweet.........

The Charlotte "leg" is being skipped and one lady and her two daughters were taking all 7 straight to Lexington, NC in a really big van. They will be met there, and taken to Greensboro, NC to spend the night. Tomorrow is when Missy, one of our Golden Retriever friends, and Quanzhan will be involved. I think they are picking up an 8th Golden puppy somewhere along that route, a little girl. Hope they will update us as well.

Since I don't have a digital camera, I don't have pictures to share right away, but as soon as I have my film developed, I will definitely share them all with you.

Thanks everyone for being so supportive of our trip, and saying lots of prayers for us. I smell like a "dog" right now, but I don't care. It was a very worthwhile trip, and Karin thought so too. She said she is game for the next one. I was glad she was there with me, and that we had the foresight to bring a couple of leashes. None of these dogs had collars, but one of the Atlanta drivers had brought one collar, and contributed it so that we could keep Brianna on a real leash. Honey just gave up her 6 ft leather leash for Brianna, but we were glad to do it. They will just have to maneuver with the few slip leashes they have for the rest of the trip, I guess, unless someone else throws one in.

They were all darling......Honey and Lilly have sniffed every inch of me now and are very curious!! It was nice to come home and be able to love up on them a little.

Logan

Welcome Back!! Wow!! Now that's what I call a furmobile! What a great job you all did!! I was very sad to hear about Max and Red. I hope that Red recovers quickly. Maybe someone at the shelter will be able to give Max some basic obedience, and some hope for a forever home. Lilly and Honey must have gone batty smelling all that "doggie!"

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Logan I'm glad you are home safely. I was thinking of you today. It sounds like you had fun. I am sure Honey and Lily are wondering where you have been and why they weren't invited along since you have interesting doggie smells all over you!

Welcome back!! Sorry to hear about Red and Max. I will continue to pray for them. You are such an angel to do transport. Just think of all the lives you've saved!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

My good friend, Betty, says that Quanzhan and I are now full fledged "all breed" rescuers. I am so proud to wear that title!!!!

Red is not good, folks.......pray, pray, pray

Prayers are being offered for Red in urgent catagory!

Logan,
    Thanks for the update. You are Best in Show in my books! I know it must break your heart each time you transport these furkids when you have to leave them but yet you still do! You are a true heroine!

If this works, this is a picture of the "mama Golden", Briana, and her son. Quanzhan is on the right.

Yippee!!! It worked! The entire album can be seen at

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...34&mode=invite

I haven't joined there, but perhaps it is one more place we can consider storing our photographs. I'll be adding my rescue pictures there, as soon as I have them back.

Logan

What a fantastic picture!!!!!!!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

What beautiful Goldens! How could anyone not want them? I am sure they will find forever homes with no problem!!!!!