Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad and don't know why, really.

Sad and don't know why, really.

Do you ever for a second think, you nuts? You know your not, but then again the thought crosses your mind.

Today we were watching old videos. There was one with Tuffy and Cannilla playing in the back yard, like they use to all the time. It brought a smile to my face to see Cannilla again. Then as we are watching, you can see B.J. walking by the playing couple. Tears came to my eyes as soon as I saw her. Luckily B.J. walked out of shot and it was back to the two playing. So I was OK again.

Then comes Brock and Lita playing in the kitchen. Big Smiles again to see Brock. My big old baby, getting attacked by a cat. It was so cute. But again as Brock and Lita are "playing" , all of a sudden there's B.J. again, laying on the living room floor. You know what happened next........the tears came. Then on to another part of the tape and I got it together.

Sense then, I have been really down and I don't know why. Seeing B.J. should not bother me, I have pictures of her all around the house. I looking at one of her now as I type, no tears, just a smile. Seeing Brock and Cannilla didn't make me sad and they too, are at RB. Doesn't make sense why one would bother me and not the others. Is there somthing inside of me, that feels more for her, I would have never thought that of me.

Well to add to my insanity, we where to go out to eat tonight, I decided not to go, but I sent my husband off. I wanted to be alone and couldn't wait for him to leave. I have never been like that before. So I made myself dinner, watched Everwood and still felt odd, restless. So that brought me here, with no real reason to be here. Some embarrassment, to even post my tears here, but then again, It's not like I'll ever see any of you face to face, except maybe a couple.

The thing is, I believed that if you write your feeling down, somewhere, sometimes it helps.

I have to be honest, I know very few care and thats OK, in a way and in a way it's not OK, but theres nothing I can do about that. But where else would I even go with a story about tears of one lost pet and smiles of another and the loneness that comes with it.

As of today, I decided no more new pets, no more PT, no more caring about what people think of me, I'm not up to the disappointment any more. Who knows what tomorrow may bring, it all might change, or something might happen that changes it all for me. But Today, I'm done. Thanks for listening to a silly old lady, thats going nuts in a very small way.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I think it's good that you posted your feelings and thoughts in here. I don't think the way you're feeling is odd in any way, really. I think it's just part of being a woman and being an animal lover. I care, even if I don't know you and will probably never meet you. I think it's brave that you can so eloquently describe how you're feeling. I've thought I was going nuts before, too. I hope you don't stay feeling down for too long.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I understand completely ! I was trying to get some photos together for my mom, of Merlin< shes going to do a portrait of him to match the one she did of my Patsy ( 16 yr old cocker I had as a kid. ) I was having a very had time in the file was the pictures I had sent her to do the Patsy portrait I really lost it then. I'm sending you a big hug I know what your going through.

I'm sorry you're feely down today, Libby. I haven't been too great today, either, or yesterday. I've never lost one of my own but I do know how hard it is.

I hope you know i'm one of those that care and if you ever need to talk just let me know.
    I'm a little bit out of it myself, like I said, but does that last part mean you don't plan to come back here? I sure hope that isn't true because i'd miss seeing your posts.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Now, now, no thinking that no one cares. Everyone needs some "alone time" now and then. It is nice that you have the videos, you'll treasure them in the years to come.

We'll be here tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow, and hope you're feeling better then, okay?

Libby, please don't give up. All of us who have lost a pet know exactly what you're going through. I have the same kind of reaction when I see the only video of my RB Rottie, Brut. In fact, I only watch it once or twice a year because it hurts so much.

I hope you'll come back when you find the strength. Please know that we are here for you.

Lots of ((((HUGS)))) Libby. There are many of us who care and understand, just remember that.

From Decker with Love

Awwwwwww! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so down, but you know what? You're not nuts. I can totally relate to your feelings. Sometimes, I feel so down out of nowhere, and start crying, and just don't understand why I'm crying. Sometimes, there's no reason, and sometimes, its just me being extra sensitive over something I feel I shouldn't cry about. I think its part of being a woman. God 'made' us with soft, sensitive hearts, and well...women are just like that sometimes. Hormones can cause moods swings...sometimes something else causes them...but everyone feels down at times.

Hope you feel better soon. We do care, and I'm glad you posted your feelings here. Typing it out does help in getting the weight off your shoulders sometimes. Hope your smile will be back on your face after a good night's sleep!

Libby, I am the same way about my RB Tucker. I know I always will be .... there are just those once in a lifetime type pets that will touch us like none other. Nothing crazy about that!

((((BIG HUGS)))) If you need a PT break, take one ... I do that often myself ... and before I know it, I'm right back again!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Libby, (I didn't know your name before, but I do now.) I sure would not say you were nuts.

Nuts about your pets, maybe, but not nuts nuts......

I have had a dog I dearly loved and lost her when she was only one. She was my first and only dog. Since then I have had three cats that are at the Rainbow Bridge and currently have three cats.

I can honestly tell you that the love I had for especially two of the cats was beyond - well - regular interaction with my pets.
    They were my best friends, they were my buddies, and they understood me way beyond human understanding. And they gave me so much love and care that I still cannot look at certain pictures without getting back those old feelings - and then I can break out into tears.

It is just part of being a woman - and please, do take time out for yourself....................I don't think you could come to a better place and put your thoughts in writing and have more people immediately understand. That is just the way Pet Talk is.

Writing - whether on the computer or by hand in a journal is a very cleansing thing to do.............you can pour your heart out and no one is going to make fun of you.

Karen is right - we are here today - and tomorrow and the tomorrow after that...........sounds like you belong here anyway!

I send you the biggest hug that can come through your monitor!

Libby ............. please don't go away forever ............ we would miss you and will always be here ............... tomorrow, and tomorrow ............... just like Karen said.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you, yours and those around you ..
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Please don't leave PT. There are such wonderful supportive people here, and also the only people who REALLY understand what the loss of a furkid does to us.

I also have times when I just want to be alone, and just feel like crying. Sometimes I will watch a sad movie, or think about something really sad, to MAKE myself start crying - just to get it all out of my system - sometimes you just need to "let go" and have a good cry

(((HUGS)))

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I don't think we have ever enough time to mourn the loss of people and pets. Much too early we are asked back to normal life and try to push ourselves into it.

And then it comes back some years later- because there is still that loss in your heart.

For me it's very important to have some time alone from time to time ( and I don't have enough) because it really helps me deal with feelings like that.

No you aren't nuts Sounds perfectly healthy to me

I'm really sorry you're feeling so down. I think we all will have a special pet that affects us more than our others. Duke is mine, as you and probably everyone, knows. I think what you are feeling is bittersweet. Happy to see them again but sad because they are no longer with you. I know how hard it is to lose a pet but not THE special one. Contact me if you want to get together sometime. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday and then off the weekend. We need to go to the mall again or something. Want to see a movie? Hope you're feeling better after some sleep. Let me come down there and we can scrapbook or something.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I've been struggling with the same kind of thing myself. Dick and I talked over the weekend about our Peach. We both still miss her so. Then yesterday the president of our association was killed in a car accident. He was only 55 - such a waste. Since I heard about the accident, it seems even harder to cheer up. I keep coming here to stay grounded. I don't want to get too depressed and checking in here helps.

Libby, please don't go away. I, for one, would definitely miss you terribly.