Thread: -sigh-

-sigh-

Another stupid post lol

http://peihumanesociety.com/dogs.html

The last dog there, Wilma, has been here for a very long time. She is such a beautiful dog, so I don't get why no one wants her. I'm afraid she will be put to sleep...I get...almost like a pain in my chest when I think of it. It's stupid, but I see these dogs every week when I go in to vollenteer. It really makes me sad. I wish so badly I could have another dog. I would definetly adopt her. She just sits there and looks at you when you walk by. All the dogs barking and howling, but not her. She looks very sad when she is in her cage. What kind of life is this for a dog?? It pisses me off.

When I'm older and have the money, I'm going to open a foster place. I'm going to take animals that people don't want and care for them till they find a good home. It would be like the Humane Society, only for free, and they don't have to be in cages.

I don't understand why my dad won't let me have more pets. He knows I need them, but he thinks I only want them cause they make me feel better when I'm sad. I don't get why he doesn't understand how I feel about them...I know I'm not the best owner, but I love my pets more then anything else..even that is better then a cage isn't it?

There is a cat I really want too...maybe it would be better that I didn't like animals -sigh-

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

It always makes me so sad to see dogs in shelters. I'm sorry you can't adopt her, Audrey, but that's nice of you to care so much. I wish I could do more, but I'm afraid all I can do is sit and hope that she, and all of the dogs there, find loving, fur-ever homes.

Wilma is a beautiful girl, we'll keep our paws crossed that she gets adopted very soon. Hang onto your dream of being a foster home - unfortunately there probaby won't be any shortage of dogs that will need foster homes in the future.
    (and give your dad a break - it looks like you have about four pets now - thats 3 more than my dad ever let me have!)

Audrey, you have a pet lover's soul and you want to make it all ok for every needy animal. You're not alone! I'd take in every single one that I could if I didn't have my husband to remind me that we are "full". And we are full. The expense of having so many pets is almost overwhelming at times and we haven't had major health issues to deal with, thank goodness.

Your heart is in the right place, though. Just wanted you to know that I completely understand where you are right now.

Logan

I have 3 pets living at my dads. I do understand that is a lot, but I can't help it. I'm very thankful I'm allowed the pets I have..but we have a pretty big house and I don't get one what dog or one cat would do...He says I don't take good care of them...but I love them more than anything..I'm paying 400 bucks for training for Josie and her aggression, I'm taking Zeke to Obedience and flyball (and maybe a..what do you call that...taking the dog in to see people to help them out...my brain isn't working right now) Anywya, I walk them, love them, train them..I don't get what I'm not doing right. I guess I could clean the yard up more..

Logan said it so well - Audrey, you are not alone!
    I went to the shelter's site and my heart breaks for all those sweet faces - they are all such beautiful creatures!!! I would guess that a dog like Wilma would get adopted quickly at the shelter here. It's too bad transport isn't easier...because some dogs can be "unadoptable" in one region but in demand in another. I know they do some of transports of shelter animals from the southern US to the east coast cities and it has been very successful.
    The pet overpopulation problem is very overwhelming and very sad. But animal lovers all over the world are doing what they can, and that's not insignificant! For instance, you are volunteering at your shelter and giving the animals attention they would not have otherwise had. Don't underestimate the importance of that!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Here's what I've been thinking.

I'm gonna ask the HS about euthanizing their animals, and if Wilma is going to be euthanized, I'm going to take her...maybe...assuming things work out right. My brother-in-law is the manager where I work. (a hotel) so, I was thinking maybe he could let me stay in one of the rooms for cheaper...except in the summer when it's reallly busy)

My mom works there too, so I could use her car when she is working to do my things I need to do. I'll hopefully have more shifts then to pay for all their needs. It might not be as nice as what Jo and Zeke have now, but maybe it will only be a temp thing. And to save a life? Besides, I'm pretty sure she'll be adopted now that I'd said all this