Thread: pics of a beautiful home on Lake Murray (South Carolina)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

pics of a beautiful home on Lake Murray (South Carolina)

This is one of the many wonderfully diverse homes on the shoreline of Lake Murray. This lake is huge, and, some of the homes are magnificent. I've heard that Madonna was actually looking at one of them. But, I don't know if that's true or not. This is just one of my favorites on the lake, and, my dad slowed the boat down yesterday so that I could get a couple of pictures.

And, this is is what happens when you fall asleep on the back of the boat.

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Looks a top spot mate. I've heard the bass fishing is pretty good there too, and for goodness sake cover up. Skin cancer is a real threat.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Originally posted by Oggyflute
    Looks a top spot mate. I've heard the bass fishing is pretty good there too, and for goodness sake cover up. Skin cancer is a real threat.
    Yeah, it's a wonderful lake! There are some amazing homes here. And, I know, I know. I swear, that is one of the few things I do to my body that I'll end up regretting. I'm already not red anymore, I'm just brown again. But, I tan in a tanning bed, too, when I can. I haven't gone in over a month, since I left Texas. But, yeah, I know it's not good for me.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Lake Murray is a gorgeous lake, and you are right, there are LOTS of beautiful and big homes there. I miss spending time there. We didn't live on the lake, but lived near there when I was living in Columbia. We went often and had friends with lake houses!

In fact, when they created Lake Murray, back in the 50's, my grandfather bought a lot that was surrounded by water on three sides and he built a little house out of rocks from the lake bed. It was a wonderful place to go and we spent many happy times there. But when he died, my grandmother didn't want to keep it and no one had enough money to buy it at that point from her, so it was sold for $25,000! I think that was in about 1968 or so. A lot like that, now, on the Lexington side of the lake would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Too bad it couldn't stay in our family!

Logan

Absolutely Beautiful! That is exactly the kind of place that I have dreamed of. A beautiful home on a beautiful lake.

One more thing....SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN!!! Don't forget it next time!

Yeah, I know. Sorry, I just don't wear sunscreen really anywhere but my face. But, hey, I've never smoked, I drink rarely, and, I don't do drugs. I hardly even drink caffeine. Everyone has a vice.

Originally posted by Logan
    A lot like that, now, on the Lexington side of the lake would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Too bad it couldn't stay in our family!

Logan
    No kidding! I wonder if it's still there, and, if I could take a photo of it or something. That would be cool.

Those pics reminded me of "The Notebook" Hehe.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Originally posted by CountryWolf07
    Those pics reminded me of "The Notebook" Hehe.
    I liked that film, but, I can't remember a house like that. Is that what made you think of it? Ugh, I guess I need to rewatch it! Not like that'll be difficult, Ryan Gosling is a dream to watch!

Wow, that's a gorgeous house! We have SO many houses in Kelowna like that. I want to live in one so bad, but they are so darn expensive!
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by finn's mom
    I liked that film, but, I can't remember a house like that. Is that what made you think of it? Ugh, I guess I need to rewatch it! Not like that'll be difficult, Ryan Gosling is a dream to watch!
    Yeah, just that it's a huge house by the water... geez, just looking at the pictures.. it looks like a romantic setting.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Originally posted by CountryWolf07
    Yeah, just that it's a huge house by the water... geez, just looking at the pictures.. it looks like a romantic setting.
    Ah, ok, that's what I thought. There are so many romantic looking homes on Lake Murray. We rode around for about four hours the other day, and, still didn't see them all.