Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

What a miracle girl Sammy is!! It feels so good to see that little girl smiling and playing. She has gone through so much already... !

Where will she have to wear that pressure suit on? Body & arms??
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Yay Sammy! You are looking good girl! And I love your adorable smile and cute outfits. So happy to hear you are doing better day by day!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Phred I've been keeping up with her progress through carepages and I missed the pictures Thanks so much for posting them! She's looking wonderful...and happy

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Lut- Sam will wear a custom made pressure suit for at least 6 months, up to 2 years, and it will cover her arms, body and thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Lut- Sam will wear a custom made pressure suit for at least 6 months, up to 2 years, and it will cover her arms, body and thighs.
    Oh Sammy, you look so wonderful! I, too, am experiencing major LES while jumping up and down with joy at your progress.

Jo, I guess I missed something, but just what is this "pressure suit" for? It doesn't look like she has anything special on in any of the pics, so will it be something that she wears under her regular clothes? Also, what is the tube in her nose for? Just curious because it's in some pics and not others and more importantly, how in the world do you get such a youngster to not pull that out?!!? Sorry for all the questions and if I missed some of the explanations earlier in this thread....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Prayers for Baby and family..

Debbie,
    The pressure suit is to help with the integrity of the skin, having so many grafts, to help with the healing of the scars, to help with the legs, etc. She will wear it underneath her clothes.

As to the tube..well....some of the pictures were taken earlier, and some later. The tube was removed at some point, and all she has left of portals is the PICC line, which is on her arm. That might come out next time around.

They are in myprayers..

Sammy's ready for Christmas ...

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 at 09:40 AM EST

Sam's visit to Shriner's went well;
    she was measured for her pressure garments, which we will p/u on the 20th.
    Her plastics doc says her skin looks pretty good, and she'll probably only have
    to wear the suit for @6 months; the initial estimate was 6 mos-2 yrs, so we're pleased.

She's also on the surgery list for a tendon release procedure on the finger on her left hand, as scar tissue has tightened it to the point where it can't be extended.
    All that will take place at the Cinti Shriner's, as well as any further skin issues; prosthetics & anything else orthopedic will be handled through the Lexington Shriner's--the Cinti folks are contacting them to make arrangements. They are willing to help Sam until she's 21, so we are very grateful.

Sam continues to do well and is really enjoying herself, and makes us laugh constantly.

She had her picture taken with Santa over the weekend, and she wasn't scared at all.
    She also had pics taken at Sears, and I must say--with total objectivity--that the pics are very, very cute.
    (It was rough going at first, though, as she thought it was a medical appt., and the photographer was wearing white! Also, "picture" to Sam means x-ray.)
    When we got back home, she was all smiles, though, and kept saying, "picture taken. cheese!"

She's also singing "Jingle Bells",
    in preparation for her Christmas program at preschool this Friday;
    some of you have heard her already!

Thanks,
    Jessica

-------------------------------------------------
    *Pictures*

We want to see Sammy's Christmas Pictures!!

---------------------------------------------

Bless her little heart - have a lovely Christmas sweet little Sammy xx
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

We want pictures of Sammy with Santa! I am so full of admiration for this little girl. She has the heart of a lion- well surely of a very impressive cat

Sammy sings Jingles Bells like this....

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way......HEY!

It is hysterical. You first press the phone really, really close to your ear to hear her saying the first part, then BLAM! The HEY sets you back a foot or two...

Oh my gosh! She is just the most precious and amazing girl EVER!!!!! It's so nice to see her doing so well after enduring so much. It really makes me appreciate all of the things I have and take for granted every day. I too hope to see some of those Christmas pictures!

Continued prayers for you and your family, Jo. May you all have a fabulous holidays!

**hugs**

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Sammy sings Jingles Bells like this....

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way......HEY!

It is hysterical. You first press the phone really, really close to your ear to hear her saying the first part, then BLAM! The HEY sets you back a foot or two...
    SO CUTE. I want to hear that!!! Sammy's progress makes me so happy. What a wonderful, sweet, miracle child!

Saturday, December 10

99 December 10, 2005 at 07:32 PM EST

This is Johanna, posting on behalf of Jessica and Rob. Sadly, earlier this morning, Sam returned to the PICU. She seemed to have a cold/flu the last day or so, and was feverish this morning, about 830 am, EST. No matter how many blankets Rob put on Sam, she wouldn't stop shivering, and her upper extremeties and lips were blue. Jessica was already at work, and Rob called the paramedics. After some consult, Sam was air cared to Children's, where she remains now. Sam is stable, on a vent again (to give her all the assistance she needs to focus on other organs, she did not 'need' the vent for breathing purposes), has the fever and BP under control, and is medically sedated. Her urine output (always a concern with the kidney problems) remains good. The doctors think it is some sort of bacterial infection, but, probably not meningitis again. However, with Sam, everything is very precarious, medically speaking. The doctors will remove the older PICC line, and insert a new one in the groin. It is **possible** that the PICC line became infected. The majority of the tests/cultures won't be back until tomorrow or the next day. Sam is on antibiotics, to fight the infection, from whereever it is from.

Needless to say, Samantha needs lots and lots of prayers again, to fight the infection, return to her spunky self, and be home for Christmas! Keep Jessica and Rob close, too!

Johanna