Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

*deep sigh*

We just cannot imagine what you are going through, Sam, Jessica and family.

Being here and trying to reach over a virtual hand already goes so deep.

I know about these setbacks in any process- so I'll never think it's over till' it's over.

Being in rehab is a step - yet another - in the right direction, and even though the transition wasn't as smooth as you might have hoped, at least they sound like good people and knowledgable as well.

Hugs to you and to Sammy, too!

Sammy, many good thoughts and prayers continue to go to you, sweet little girl. Also to your mommy and daddy.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Even with the fun of a BBQ going on, Sammy, we will not forget you even for a minute.

My heartfelt prayers are going out to you sweet little girl, and to your Mom and Dad.

Lots and lots of prayers going out for little Samantha, poor baby. And for her loving family as well.

Sammy gets a new "Plumbing HookUp" tomorrow ...

Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 04:45 PM EDT

Sam had a better night last night,
    and hasn't vomited since early this morning.
    She did very well w/her therapies today, and was quite tired--she napped nearly 3 hours!! She was very enthusiastic about brushing her teeth. While she napped, she moved around a lot, and actually slept on her side for a while; it's nice to see her sleeping in normal positions, instead of the standard flat-on-her-back hospital pose.

Tomorrow she has 2 procedures --
    a new central line will be put in (in her arm this time), and
    they will remove the existing one(by her neck -- a very scary-looking one, as it's always pulling out), as they think it's a problem insofar as infections. Some kind of germ is showing up again in tests, and they definitely don't want that spreading. She's been back on a couple antibiotics the last day or 2, so they're quite anxious to get that old line out, too, as they think it might be the culprit.

In the afternoon, a new catheter for dialysis will be put in, too, and should make dialysis easier. Of course, the nephrologists are hoping she won't need that for too long.

Sam's working on sitting up ; I took a couple pics of her in therapy today, and one of her dancing with her daddy, so I will try and have those posted soon.

Send prayers for Sam's big day tomorrow; hopefully some of her other issues will resolve themselves when they get these lines "cleaned up."

Thanks,
    Jessica

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like *Progress* on all fronts!
    Good Luk with the Sir Juries tomorrow!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Good luck Sammy with those sir juries tomorow! Glad you had a better day today

I find that I can't keep myself away from this thread. Its wierd (in a good way!) that I care so much about a little girl and her family that I don't know in person. One of these days, I would absolutely love to meet Sammy and her parents. I am so in awe at how strong you guys really are and at the overwhelming care that the PT folks have shown.

There is really some good in this world!

Prayers that everything goes well for you little Sammy!!! AND, lots of hugs and kisses to you too! Stay strong, and keep getting better!

Keep my fingers crossed. This sounds like an important day

WOW! ~ Happy Friday!!

Friday, July 15, 2005 at 04:28 PM EDT

Another good night for Sam, and a good morning as well.
    She did great in therapy today.

I brought in her favorite bag of little toys from home, and she enjoyed seeing them again, reaching out and grabbing them, etc. I brought in one of her sippy cups as well, and she reached right out and grabbed it w/both hands, stuck it in her mouth, and tried to drink -- suspecting it was empty, she pulled it back and shook it to see what was in it, just like our Sammy! She's not allowed to drink & eat freely yet, but they might give her a little drink tomorrow. She sucks on lollipops and her mouth sponge (hospital toothbrush), though. She has held on to the sippy cup all day. I hope we can put something in it soon!

She played a lot in OT, too, and is following instructions really well;
    she opens her mouth, holds things in both hands, hands you something when you ask, waves bye and gives high fives. She was also making faces at me earlier, spitting out her tongue and just being playful in general. She raises her arms for us to pick her up all the time now, and it's so nice to be able to do that.

Both procedures went fine; the old central line is out, which is a good thing, as it was growing pseudomonas. She's on a couple antibiotics in the meantime. She has a new line in her arm, and a separate dialysis line in her belly.

She also had a special visit from one of her ICU docs, Leslie,
    who's been involved w/Sam's care since day one.
    Tomorrow she has each of her therapies once, then she has a day off Sunday, then back to her regular twice a day (each therapy) on Monday. She'll probably need lots of rest this weekend to recover from the busy week!

Thanks,
    Jessica

----------------------------------------------------------

WW!
    Seems like Friday was a *nice* finish to a Great Week!

GO, Sammy!!

--------------------------------------------------------
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Samantha, you are still in my prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The last update sounds great! Still praying...

Great update! Hopefully, next time, your sippy cup will be full!!! Prayers and hugs for you, sweet child!

Big smile here. So good to hear of Sammy's progress.

So glad to hear Sammy is doing so well!!!