Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

That is such a good update
    Little Sammy, you are still in my thoughts. I wave back to you and send you many loving wishes for your recovery.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Aw, Sammy what good news, indeed!
    You keep getting stronger, little one, and we'll keep the prayers flying for you and your family.
    (((HUGS)))
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More wonderful news!

Keep getting better darling Samantha!!! The prayers continue.

June 26, 2005 at 12:57 PM EDT
    It's been a good weekend for Sam; her urine output remains strong, though she might not be "clearing" all she needs to; her kidneys just started working, so it will take time for them to do all they need to do. Sam's wearing a lot less as far as dressings--the ace bandages are off, and just some gauze remains on her thighs, arms and bottom. Her skin looks so much better, and she's also less warm with the heavier wrappings off. She's allowed to have more food, and we'd like her to try some mashed potatoes today, which is her favorite. I played patty-cake w/her last night, and she lifted her arms and went through the motions with me; she is so much more responsive now, as they've been decreasing the sedation daily. Rob played a game with her that they often played together, called "E eats everything" (don't know where that came from), where he says that, and tickles her belly, and she would laugh and laugh--well, he did it today, and though her eyes were closed, she smiled very broadly when he did it. It was the first huge smile I've seen on her face since she's been here. We were asked to bring in a bouncy seat for her, so she can be propped up; she keeps sliding down on the bed, so this will make it easier for her. I can't wait to see her in it. She will probably have dialysis again tomorrow, and maybe finish up her whirlpools. No word on the biopsy yet, but they're working on getting an answer from the lab, so they know how to proceed on the antibiotics, as far as short-term vs. long-term. Surgery might not be necessary after all, regardless of the results, so that was good to hear. Keep those prayers coming; she hears you!!!
    Thanks,
    Jessica

I'm so glad to hear these great updates. I'm still keeping Sammy and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

How nice to see something positive.

Continued prayers being sent...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

That is such good news! More prayers on the way.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Stay strong Samantha

I've been watching for updates constantly. Samantha is still in my thoughts and prayers. Oh how grateful to God I am to see good news! What a strong little girl Sammy is. I think God must have a special purpose in mind for her.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Yay, Sammy! Pattycake and mashed potatoes all around! Still in our prayers.

A smile from Sammy for her Daddy. That reduces me to a puddle!

Sammy, you are never NOT in my prayers.

Monday - TWO Good Reports ...

Monday Morning, June 27, 2005 at 10:08 AM EDT

Sam slept well last night, and blew me a little kiss earlier!

Then this morning, I kissed her, and she puckered her little lips several times to give me kisses! She was wide awake, and clapping her hands, and when I asked, "where's your tongue?", she spit it out; when I asked, "where's your teeth?", she pulled her lips back and showed me.
    When doctors and nurses come in and say hi to her, she waves her arm at them. And when they do something she doesn't like, she tries to hit them.

She's down at whirlpool now, so will be sleepy until this afternoon; she will have dialysis after her treatment. She's very itchy and squirmy, and this could be due to several things: her kidneys not clearing all toxins; her skin healing/peeling; or her medications.

Last night we heard that the biopsy samples weren't growing anything, and that was 72 hours afterward, so that's good news; perhaps the dark spot they saw on the scan was just some more necrosis from the initial disease, which is common; it's possible the bone can just reabsorb that, so we'll see how things go. Any escape from infection is good.

Sam continues to do great off the vent, and is breathing on her own up to 8 hours a day (at 2 intervals). She continues to pee, but will need the dialysis to make sure it's "effective" ; hopefully the kidneys will continue to get stronger.
    Let's hope and pray for a great week, w/even more strength for SuperSam!!

Thanks,
    Jessica
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Afternoon, June 27, 2005 at 03:59 PM EDT

Whirlpool and dialysis went fine.
    Sam was a little squirmy in the early afternoon, but still managed a smile for Mr. & Mrs. C when they visited, and even stuck her tongue out. Grandpa was also able to see her moving about.

Her latest challenge has been diarrhea--challenging for both her and the staff! They are checking to see if some type of infection is causing it; we're hoping to get it under control soon.

The rehab team was in to talk w/me today--the hope is that within the next week or so, Sam can bid farewell to the ICU and move over to rehab. They would like her off the vent completely, and she's definitely moving in that direction.

That's all the news for today; keep the positive thoughts coming.

Thanks,
    Jessica

----------------------------------------------------------

This week is off to a pretty Good Start! ~ Thanks, God!

Thank you, God!!!

Keep it up, sweet Sam!!

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

It is so great to hear positive updates. Little Samantha is still in my prayers.

From the CarePages:

51 June 28, 2005 at 09:59 AM EDT
    Sam slept well again last night, after a couple hours' worth of wiggling around. She blew me kisses this morning and was moving around to the beat of the Wiggles until they came to get her for whirlpool. It's nice to see her so responsive, considering she's still on a lot of meds and still in a fog; we can't wait until she's completely back. It will take @2-3 weeks, at least, to wean her off most of the meds. Her kidneys are still working, but not quite clearing all they need to yet--the kidney docs want to wait and see how she does this week. Hemodialysis will continue. They collected some stool to test for bacteria; hopefully that will come back negative. All in all, Sam's making lots of progress, and we pray that it continues.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

Wiggle giggle, keep up the good work, Sammy!

*phew* each time I come back to this thread and see the news is positive I can loosen the cramp in my fingers a little

But I won't let go